GM E99 ECM Service (Global B)
HP Tuners is thrilled to offer support for the GM Global B E99 ECM found in various 2020+ GM vehicles (listed below). This one-time, send-in upgrade service is required to enable diagnostics and tuning capabilities in VCM Suite (BETA).
Shipping address for send-in E99 ECM service (Global B): HP Tuners (ATT: GM E99 ECM Service [Global B]), 700 Eastwood Ln, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
This is a send-in service which means you must first send us your original ECM. Please read this page in its entirety before purchasing.
Get Your GM E99 ECM-Equipped Vehicle Ready for Tuning
HP Tuners is thrilled to offer full custom diagnostics and tuning support in VCM Suite (BETA) for GM’s Global B E99 ECM.
This controller can be found in the following supported vehicles:
- 2020-2023 Chevrolet Corvette 6.2L (LT2) (non-Z06)
- 2022-2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing 6.2L (LT4)
- 2020-2023 Cadillac CT5-V 3.0L TT (LGY)
- 2022-2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing 3.6L TT (LF4)
- 2023 Cadillac Escalade-V 6.2L
Don’t see your vehicle? Check out our services for GM’s non-Global B E99 ECM here.
At this time, all GM Global B control module services are only available for select HP Tuners authorized resellers. If you are interested in becoming an authorized reseller, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your information.
Note: HP Tuners also supports the GM Global B T93 TCM found in select supported vehicles with the E99 ECM and 10-speed automatic transmission. See our GM T93 TCM Service (Global B) here.
This one-time service upgrades your original E99 ECM (Global B generation only) and is required for tuning using HP Tuners’ software. Users must physically remove their original E99 ECM from their vehicle and ship it to HP Tuners’ headquarters for servicing. Once upgraded, users have full access to calibrate, log, and scan via the OBDII port.
Note: No need for an IMMO Relearn, Crank Relearn, or to perform the “Replace ECM” Function in VCM Scanner on the stock ECM.
Everything you need to tune your E99 ECM vehicle with HP Tuners:
- This one-time, send-in GM E99 ECM Service (Global B) (upgrade service).
- Download the latest version of VCM Suite BETA for free here.
- Once upgraded, purchase (8) Universal Credits to license your E99 ECM/vehicle.
- GM Global B vehicle support is only compatible with our MPVI3 interface.
Note: Universal Credits for licensing are not included in the cost of any upgrade service or purchase. Credits must be purchased separately.
- Your upgraded E99 ECM can only be tuned via the OBDII port with an MPVI3 interface and the latest version of VCM Suite (BETA) (MPVI2+ and older generation devices are not compatible with any GM Global B vehicle support).
- Once the upgrade is complete, users must license their ECM for (8) Universal Credits (sold separately).
- Upon reinstallation of your upgraded control module, we recommend that you first connect to the lastest version of VCM Scanner and read/clear DTCs.
- No other tuning or calibration tools can be used with the ECM.
- VCM Scanner, dealer diagnostic, and other diagnostic tools will continue to function normally.
- The latest version of VCM Suite can be used to return to stock calibration and/or update to the latest stock calibration.
- There is no need for an IMMO relearn, crank relearn, or the “Replace ECM” function as long as the ECM returns to the same vehicle it came from.
- Please allow 1-3 business days for this upgrade service, not including shipping times.
Step 1: Once you’ve confirmed your vehicle’s support, purchase this upgrade service. Make sure you have an MPVI3 interface.
- If you’re new to HP Tuners, purchase a brand new MPVI3 here.
- If you’re using an MPVI2+ or older generation interface, upgrade to the latest generation MPVI3 here.
Step 2: After placing your order with the necessary information, see the “Shipping” tab for a shipping form and address. Fill out and print this form to place in your shipping box. You will also receive an email immediately after placing your order with this shipping form and address.
Step 3: Remove the ECM from your vehicle and safely package it. Then, package your ECM safely with the shipping form.
Step 4: Write your order number on the outside of the shipping box.
Step 5: Ship your ECM to HP Tuners using any carrier you prefer. The shipping address can be found on this page and in the email discussed in Step 2. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer.
Step 6: HP Tuners will upgrade your ECM for tuning and diagnostics. Then, we’ll ship it back to you.
Step 7: Once you receive your upgraded ECM, install it back into your vehicle. Then, license the upgraded E99 ECM by purchasing  Universal Credits (sold separately). Once licensed, we recommend that you first connect to the latest version of VCM Scanner and read/clear DTCs. Then, start tuning with your MPVI3 interface and the latest version of VCM Suite BETA.
Send your stock GM E99 ECM to the following shipping address:
HP Tuners, LLC
ATT: GM E99 ECM Service (Global B)
700 Eastwood Ln
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Please allow 1-3 business days (plus shipping times) per ECM that you send in for servicing (i.e., 2 ECMs = 2-6 business days).
After purchasing this service, please fill out the shipping form below and place it inside your shipping box. Please also write your order number on the outside of the shipping box where it is visible.
NOTE: Any hardware ordered with this product will be shipped along with your upgraded ECM. To avoid any delays should you require other hardware soon, please order that hardware separately.
NOTE: Customers are responsible for shipping costs when sending HP Tuners your ECM/PCM/TCM. The shipping charge at checkout only covers returning your control module after modification.
- These ECM/PCM/TCM services are completed at the owner’s risk. HP Tuners will not be responsible for the vehicle, its powertrain, or electronics, nor how the control module is used, calibrated, and its functionality.
- Due to the factory location of the ECM in the vehicle, all ECMs will exhibit signs of weathering and wear, which is completely normal.
Should you experience any issues with your ECM, please submit a ticket to our support team for assistance on how to proceed.