CORE ECU BY HP TUNERS
A NEW STANDALONE ECU IS MOVING IN.
Introducing HP Tuners’ debut standalone engine management solution, delivering superior control over your vehicle’s powerplant. Available for purchase in early 2024.
CORE ECU is HP Tuners’ all-new standalone ECU, currently supporting the legendary Gen 3 and Gen 4 LS platforms. Programming CORE ECU is the newest addition to our software lineup, VCM Live.
Together, hardware, firmware, and software work in harmony to control your engine’s operation and vehicle dynamics.
CORE ECU FEATURES
- Up to 16 Injector Control (fuel) and 8 Coil Packs (spark).
- Sequential Injection.
- Flex Fuel Support.
- Dual Throttle Body Capability.
- 2-Built-In Lambda Controllers.
- Internal Data Logging – Up to 150 Channels at 1 kHz
- 3 CAN Bus Networks (2 CAN and 1 HPT Net) and Ethernet Connectivity.
- Turbo Boost and Anti-Lag Control.
- Single-Stage On/Off and Progressive Nitrous Control.
- Launch Control.
- Map Switching.
- A/C Control, Alternator Control, etc.
PUSH THE BOUNDARIES
Built for the gearheads and craftsman who need the utmost level of customization and control, CORE ECU goes beyond the constraints of factory ECUs.
This controller provides all the necessary sensor interfaces, ignition drivers, injection drivers, and output drive stages required for total engine control.
Developed for high-performance applications like:
- Drag Racing
- Circuit Racing
- Off-Road Racing
CORE ECU is intended for use with reasonable basis (independent documented testing), pre-emission vehicles (pre-1975) and off-road / race competition use only. HP Tuners does not condone the misuse of its products.
THE NEW SOFTWARE
VCM Live is the software component that brings CORE ECU to life. Combining the diagnostics and calibration elements into a single, user-friendly interface.
- Fully Customize Your Layouts.
- Pre-Defined Layouts for Easy Use.
- Real-Time Tuning and Data Review.
- Built-In Trigger Scope Capabilities.
- Wizards For Easy Setup of Popular Sensors, Injectors, and more.
VCM LIVE SOFTWARE SPECIFICATIONS
- Customizable Time Graphs
- Characteristics List
- Decimal Adjuster
- Templated Basic and Advanced Layouts
- Fully Customizable Layouts
- Standalone Data Logging Up To 1000hz With Start/Top Triggers
- (2) Customizable CAN Configurators
- Engine Protection Like Hard/Soft Limiter Cut Mode, Oil Pressure Limits, Fuel Pressure Limits, Boost Limits, Etc.
- Ethernet Communications
- Preconfigured Wizards for Injectors, Intakes, Throttle Bodies, Etc.
- Enable/Disable Live Tuning
- Countless Editable Parameters
- Open Multiple Tables at Once
- Table Smoothing
- Table Vertical and Horizontal Specific Smoothing
- Table Interpolating
- Export Feature to View/Modify File via Microsoft Excel (.CSV)
INTERESTED IN CORE ECU?
Be the first to know when CORE ECU is available for purchase in early 2024. We mean it. You’ll be notified 24 hours before orders open for CORE ECU.COUNT ME IN!
CORE ECU VEHICLE SUPPORT SPECIFICATIONS
CORE ECU is designed for all levels of LS swaps and high-performance motorsports builds. It currently supports Gen 3 and Gen 4 LS engines with a 24x crank and 1x cam trigger along with 58x crank and 4x cam triggers.
SUPPORTED LS ENGINES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Early LS2
- 58x crank
*Along with any other 24x crank and 1x cam / 58x crank and 4x cam setup.
CORE ECU TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- IP66 Rated
- Trigger Scope
- Configurable CAN
- (3) Separate CAN Channels
- (2) Traditional CAN
- (1) HPTNet
- PC Connection via Ethernet
- Logging Memory – 2 GB
- Laptop Datalogging via VCM Live
- On-board Data Logging – up to 150 channels at 1Khz
- On-board Wideband – 2 Build-in Channels
- Password – Security for Locking Tune
- User Defined Capabilities (Configure Analog Input to digital [on/off] or analog reading)
- Digital Inputs
- Analog Inputs
- Temperature Inputs
- Low-Side Injector Control
- Injector Drivers
- User Configurable
- Digital Outputs
- Low-Side Output
- High-Side Output
- Half-Bridge Output
- Nitrous Control
- Boost Control
- Transmission Control
- Drive By Wire
- Secondary Fuel Injections
- Flex Fuel Input
- Closed Loop O2 Control
- Including Short Term Fuel Trims
- Knock Control
- Variable Cam Control
- Engine Protection
- Map Switching
- Flat Foot Shift Support
- Launch Control
- Traction Control
- Virtual Torque Calculation for Future Torque Management Integration
- Up to 16 Injector Control
- The ability to have (2) injectors on a single cylinder so you can dial-in your vehicle for power and improve the drivability of the vehicle.
- Sequential Injection
- If need be, each injector can be fired individually. Inject fuel into one cylinder per the firing order (1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3).
- Increase or reduce fuel flow in a particular cylinder.
- Flex Fuel
- Use fuel with any percentage of ethanol.
- No need to plan fuel stops based on ethanol locations or adjust the tune based on content readings.
- Control the spark timing of individual cylinders for complete combustion and smooth power delivery.
- Retard or advance ignition spark per your needs.
- Control a 2nd drive-by-wire throttle body without any power supply or controller.
- Use alongside any dual throttle body intake manifold for increased airflow and power.
- Set your air-fuel ratio and let the closed-loop fuel control do the rest.
- No more CAN overcrowding or signal loss.
- Greater versatility with 1 HPT Net and 2 traditional CANs.
- Log the required parameters simultaneously at the proper rates so you don’t miss key information needed to improve performance or diagnose an issue.
- Store data on the ECU to review later.
- Built-in clock for timestamping data logs.
- Fully control how nitrous behaves – a quick ramp-up or RPM-based. Get the power when you most need it.
- Established strategy with multiple safeties in place.
- Future capability for additional platforms.
- Take full control of your vehicle, no matter the driving surface.
- Tailor the wheel slip to your needs for the drag strip or road course.
- Stay cool with A/C control.
- Ability to control alternator voltage output.
- Robust safety checks with soft and hard limits.
- ECU can control the turbocharger.
- No more waiting for the turbo to kick in. Get the power you need, when you need it.
- ECU supports automatic transmission – where transmission switches automatically based on engine speed and other parameters.
- Currently supporting 4L60e and 4L65e transmissions.
- Additional support coming soon.
- Set limits to optimize traction off the line for even greater performance.
- Easily switch between calibrated maps.
- Supports multiple modes such as:
- Eco, Normal and Sport
- Low, Medium, and High Boost
- A throttle body gives more airflow to the engine, hence giving more power.
- Every cylinder gets its own throttle body for better throttle response and improved performance for naturally aspirated applications.
- CORE contains Alpha-N strategy.
At launch, there will be two wiring harness options available to bundle with CORE ECU.
- 24x Drive-By-Cable Harness
- 58x Drive-By-Wire Harness