What Does a Neural Network Trainer Do?
Neural networks are a set of advanced algorithms designed to recognize patterns. They “learn” by processing examples that include a known input and result. As modern vehicles become ever more complex, some manufacturers have begun to implement neural networks to optimize vehicle performance.
Neural Networks accept inputs like engine RPM, intake and exhaust camshaft positions and more, perform several calculations and produce an output which models estimated volumetric efficiency (VE). These vehicles have too many inputs to reasonably handle using traditional methods, which has led to the usage of neural networks.
Aftermarket calibration tools have not been able to deal with OEM neural networks, and the solution in most cases has been to disable them. The downside of doing this is losing the ability to accommodate adjustable intake and exhaust camshafts, potential fuel economy losses and emissions impact.
The newly introduced Neural Network Trainer by HP Tuners brings industry-exclusive control over your vehicle’s neural networks. This new tool allows for editing of your vehicle VE tables and simplifies the complex process of neural network training.
How Do I Use The Neural Network Trainer?
- Read your vehicle’s current tune using VCM Editor. If eligible for Neural Network Training, the option will appear in the Edit menu.
- VCM Editor will prompt you to create training files from your vehicle’s current tune.
- Upload these training files to the Neural Network Trainer found at Tuner Tools. Once they are processed, download and load the new VE Tables into VCM Editor.
- Modify the VE tables as desired then export them for training. Navigate back to Tuner Tools to upload and train the newly exported files.
- Download the trained file once available, load into VCM Editor and flash your vehicle with updated values.
Download a detailed step-by-step User Guide for Neural Network Trainer here
Visit our Neural Network Trainer FAQ page for more info on why this tool is needed and how it works.
Note: 25 Tuner Tools Tokens will license your vehicle for one month of Neural Network training. During this month you can retrain as many times as required under the same license. Certain vehicles may require multiple iterations of Neural Network training to achieve desired results.
Select 2010+ FCA and 2019+ GM vehicles are eligible for neural network training