Ford MG1 PCM Service
Prepare your 2021-2022 Ford F-150 (3.5L & 2.7L EcoBoost V6, 3.5L PowerBoost Hybrid V6, and 5.0L V8) truck for tuning via the OBDII port with HP Tuners’ new Ford MG1 PCM Service. Simply send us your truck’s original MG1 PCM to be professionally upgraded for tuning using VCM Suite and an MPVI2 or newer device.
Shipping address for Ford MG1 PCM Service: HP Tuners (Attn: Ford MG1 PCM Service), 700 Eastwood Ln, Buffalo Grove, IL, 60089
This is a send-in service which means you must first send us your original PCM. Please read this page in its entirety before purchasing.
Tune Your 2021-2022 F-150 with HP Tuners
HP Tuners is pleased to now offer an upgrade service for the MG1 PCM found in 2021-2022 Ford F-150 3.5L and 2.7L EcoBoost V6, 3.5L PowerBoost Hybrid V6, and 5.0L V8 trucks. This service enables full functionality of VCM Suite software custom tuning using an MPVI2 or newer generation interface. This one-time upgrade service upgrades your original Ford MG1 PCM requiring you to remove the original PCM from your truck and send it to our headquarters for servicing (see shipping information below). After upgrading, we’ll ship it back to you and you’ll have full access to calibrate, log, and scan via the OBDII port using the latest version of VCM Suite.
No relearns/reprogramming required (see important notes):
- No IMMO relearn*
- No crank relearn*
*As long as the PCM is installed back into the same vehicle it came from.
Ford MG1 PCM Service:
- PCM (Ford MG1) License for tuning: (4) Universal Credits (sold separately)
- Requires MPVI2, MPVI2+, or MPVI3 interface and the latest version of VCM Suite BETA
Note: Universal Credits for licensing are not included in the cost of any unlock service or purchase. Credits must be purchased separately.
- This service is required to tune 2021-2022 F-150 trucks with the 3.5L EcoBoost/2.7L EcoBoost/3.5L PowerBoost Hybrid V6/5.0L gas engine and MG1CS036 PCM using VCM Editor.
- This is a send-in upgrade service that requires the original PCM to be removed from the vehicle and sent to HP Tuners for servicing.
- Expect 1-3 business days for servicing (not including shipping times).
- PCMs with broken tabs or connectors WILL NOT be accepted for upgrades. No exceptions. Please be careful when removing your PCM.
- This service only upgrades your original PCM for tuning, it does not reprogram your PCM for a different VIN. If you intend to send HP Tuners a spare PCM, it will be returned to you with the same programming as it was received and may not operate in your Ford vehicle without additional programming by a Ford dealer.
- Your MG1 core must be fully functional with no physical or internal damage.
- No other tuning/calibration tools can be used with the upgraded PCM. However, dealers can reflash the PCM once upgraded—this will not relock the PCM.
- VCM Scanner, Dealer Diagnostic, and other diagnostic tools will continue to function normally.
Step 1: Once you’ve confirmed your vehicle’s support (2021-2022 Ford F-150 3.5L EcoBoost/2.7L EcoBoost/3.5L PowerBoost Hybrid V6/5.0L with MG1CS036 PCM), purchase this service.
Step 2: After placing your order, you will receive an email with a shipping form and shipping information. You can also find this form and address here. Fill out this form with the necessary information.
Step 3: Carefully remove the PCM from your vehicle and securely package it to ship to HP Tuners. Place your completed shipping form in the box. Feel free to use any shipping carrier you prefer.
Step 4: Write your order number on the outside of the shipping box.
Step 5: Ship your PCM to HP Tuners. The shipping address can be found on this page and in the email discussed in Step 2. Shipping costs to and from HP Tuners are the responsibility of the customer. The shipping charge at checkout only covers return shipping.
Step 6: HP Tuners will upgrade your PCM for tuning. Then, we’ll ship it back to you (return shipping costs are paid by the customer at checkout). This service requires 1-3 business days to complete (excluding shipping times).
Step 7: Once you receive your upgraded PCM, install it back into your vehicle and start tuning! There are no relearns or reprogramming required as long as the PCM returns to the same vehicle it came from.
Shipping Address for PCM Upgrade:
HP Tuners, LLC
ATT: Ford MG1 PCM Service
[YOUR ORDER NUMBER]
700 Eastwood Ln
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Please allow for 1-3 business days for servicing (not including shipping times).
After purchasing this service, please fill out the shipping form and place it in your shipping box. Please also write your order number on the outside of your shipping box where it is visible.
NOTE: Customers are responsible for shipping costs when sending HP Tuners your PCM/PCM/TCM. The shipping charge at checkout only covers returning your control module after modification. Feel free to use any shipping carrier you prefer to ship your controller to HP Tuners.
NOTE: Any hardware ordered with this service will be shipping along with your modified PCM. To avoid delays, please order the hardware separately.
- These PCM services are completed at the owner’s risk. HP Tuners will not be responsible for the vehicle, its powertrain, or electronics, nor how the PCM is used, calibrated, and its functionality.
- Due to the factory location of the PCM in the vehicle, all PCMs will exhibit signs of weathering and wear, which is completely normal.
Should you experience any issues with your PCM, please submit a ticket to our support team for assistance on how to proceed.