Thread: S550 - IMRC delete tuning

Tuner

S550 - IMRC delete tuning

When removing IMRC's from the stock intake on an S550, or replacing the intake with a Boss, etc., are these the appropriate settings to disable IMRC, plus disabling DTC codes? Also, is it advisable to only run Maps 14-26 seems how these were designed for IMRC open, and then shut down 0-13? If so, any advice on other settings to use like "snap to line", Fuel economy, etc? My car runs great right now, but curious what others have done to their tunes not running IMRC's.

IMRC-Settings.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by R8Bill View Post
    When removing IMRC's from the stock intake on an S550, or replacing the intake with a Boss, etc., are these the appropriate settings to disable IMRC, plus disabling DTC codes? Also, is it advisable to only run Maps 14-26 seems how these were designed for IMRC open, and then shut down 0-13? If so, any advice on other settings to use like "snap to line", Fuel economy, etc? My car runs great right now, but curious what others have done to their tunes not running IMRC's.

IMRC-Settings.jpg
    It would be easier to disable the maps that relied on IMRC's, this way you don't need to worry about them. Also make sure they aren't being referenced too in the distance tables

Senior Tuner
    have you looked at the 2015+ vortech tune? They seemed to have disabled the IMRC stuff.

They didn't take the references away from the IMRC closed MPs in the arrays and distance tables if I remember correctly. The snap to point seems to separate mapped points into two groups imrc closed and imrc open. Mapped point 25 is a snap to point used around peak torque when intake cam is maxed advanced. You could eliminate the snap to point group of imrc closed. The snap to line looks like the mapped points the arrays use. There's a separation in the middle at 00 and 00. I think it describes lines available to imrc closed and imrc open. You could eliminate the line for imrc closed line. This leaves a line that is used with MP 7,8,9 that are used during transition from closed to open. You can eliminate it or use those MPs as a light throttle cam angles transition.

The arrays would just need to be lined up with mapped points that are enabled, are a snap to point, or are part of a line to finalize vct control.

Tuner
    Thanks for the reference Murf! but when I did a search for this tune I came up with this link which is a roush tune but I dont see a reference to Map 25 in the snap-to-line

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...5-vortech-tune

Roush configs.jpg

When comparing settings from an S197 tune for reference as they do not have IMRC's, the snap to line table has two columns as well but has question marks here, so does this mean HP tuners doesnt really know what this table does?
    S197 stl table.jpg

Has anyone tried coping over all maps (0-14 and OP) related to an S197 tune and paste them into a S550 tune and disabling maps 15+ to mimic a ford tune designed with no IMRC's. It would be a lot of work obviously, curious if the results would be better for not only performance but drivability?

Advanced Tuner
    I butchered the Ford logic and operate on a hand full of mapped points based on load. I get perfect driveability out of doing this.

~Kris

Advanced Tuner
    Kris5597 what exactly did you do?

Bill did you ever resolve this i have a 2015 Mustang GT that has a holley intake and Gt350TB and I'm having issues trying to figure out what to do since IMRC have been deleted.

Advanced Tuner
    Not yet still trying to
    Figure this all out. What mapped points do what, I’m brand new to this

I?m in the same boat. Trying to wrap my head around the mapped points and distance tables and how to make certain tableau for specific drivability like one point for idle and other for drivability and WOT

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Not yet still trying to
    Figure this all out. What mapped points do what, I?m brand new to this