Thread: Stock LS3 2010 camaro DTCs

Stock LS3 2010 camaro DTCs

Yesterday from just driving from work to home the SES light popped...

scanned it and I'm getting these:

[ECM] P0030 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1 (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0053 - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 1 (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0135 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1 (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0030 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1
    [ECM] P0053 - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 1
    [ECM] P0135 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1

O2 sensor fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Castellanos View Post
    Yesterday from just driving from work to home the SES light popped...

scanned it and I'm getting these:

[ECM] P0030 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1 (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0053 - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 1 (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0135 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1 (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0030 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1
    [ECM] P0053 - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 1
    [ECM] P0135 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1

O2 sensor fail?
    If you have longtube headers. Turn the codes to no error reported.
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@G-Force View Post
    completely stock car

just scanned it in a short drive.. the B1 sensor is dead at 400ms for a good while... after some driving i guess it finally heats up and starts working..
    Last edited by Luis Castellanos; 05-17-2010 at 11:13 PM.

No. That's a front sensor... I'd want to know if my front sensor had a legitimate problem (aside from insufficient switching).

To the OP, check to make sure the plug connection is solid. Disconnect the plug, and then reconnect it. Scan again. If the problem comes back, then swap the front sensors (driver side to passenger side, and vice versa). See if the error follows the sensor. If you start getting errors for Bank 2 Sensor 1, then you know the sensor itself is screwed up.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Ok will do that

Thank you

completely stock car

just scanned it in a short drive.. the B1 sensor is dead at 400ms for a good while... after some driving i guess it finally heats up and starts working..
    If it is a completely stock car, is bringing it in for warranty out of the picture??

never trust a delear something you can do in 2 minutes, if the sensor is failing then I do know whats the problem, take it to service and when they tell me that I need a new crankshaft because I didnt oil the tires I will just ask for a new O2 sensor

yeah definitely sounds like an 02 sensor gone bad. All those errors are coming from the same sensor, all the others don't seem to be showing problems

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    No. That's a front sensor... I'd want to know if my front sensor had a legitimate problem (aside from insufficient switching).

I just quickly read the post. Didnt see it was only one bank. But LS3 cars will throw the heater DTC's on the front sensors when Longtube Headers are installed. Period. If you havent seen it yet you will.
    Last edited by Mike@G-Force; 05-18-2010 at 10:18 PM.
    G-FORCE Motorsports

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]

ohhmm.. that's something my brother's car was doing... weird, we thought the collectors were too far away (custom headers).. thanks for the usefull info!

I just quickly read the post. Didnt see it was only one bank. But LS3 cars will throw the heater DTC's on the front sensors when Longtube Headers are installed. Period. If you havent seen it yet you will.
    5000+ miles on one with only P1133/P1153 showing up. Same with every other 2010 I've done. I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't pop up at least once in the last year, aside from when a connector wasn't fully seated.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    5000+ miles on one with only P1133/P1153 showing up. Same with every other 2010 I've done. I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't pop up at least once in the last year, aside from when a connector wasn't fully seated.
    Ive tuned 40 plus 2010 Camaros and countless Ls3 Vettes. The code will appear.
    G-FORCE Motorsports

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]

never trust a delear something you can do in 2 minutes, if the sensor is failing then I do know whats the problem, take it to service and when they tell me that I need a new crankshaft because I didnt oil the tires I will just ask for a new O2 sensor
    I never said "trust the dealer" . my point is, its their warranty(you paid for it), and they should pay, let them replace it.. And yes its always good to know what you are talking about to those guys at the dealer ship... Some i have met don't deserve to be called technicians.