Thread: LS7 in a 07 Surburban

Potential Tuner

LS7 in a 07 Surburban

I am going to put a LS7 in a 07 surburban 6.0 , As far as i can tell every thing will fit , even the DBW T/B connector is the same as the LS7 DBW T/B, I am going to try to make it look like it came from GM with the LS7 .

My idea is to re tune the Surburban PCM tune for the LS7 . I have tuned tons of GM cars with HP tuners and EFI live .

Seems like it would be a slam dunk swap .

Anyone have any thoughts on problems i might run in to ?

I think the best way to do that would be with a segment swap on the engine side. Don't know what will happen on the trans end though.
    I can't do the segment swap on anything later than an '05 truck though. No Gen IV's yet...
    Always Support Our Troops!

I've been tuning the LS7 I dropped into my 05 GTO. Look at the stock LS7 tune, you can download it from this site, and copy the fuel tables including the minimum injector pulse width, etc. Then, start with MAF only tune, then do and SD Tune to get the VE tables close. You'll need a good wideband.

I've managed to tame the rather radical cam and am hitting 14.7 most of the time. Drives like stock until I hit the wow pedal.

Don't forget to change your engine size stuff.

Ideally you would want to start out with an 07 LS7 engine segment though as the calibration differences that we don't have access to might benefit significantly from a segment swap as compared to a copy & paste venture.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    Just fired her up and drove it home last night , WOW ! every thing works perfect , not one problem .
    2004 Twin Turbo GTO A4 550whp @ 6 psi
    2008 Duramax LTZ 4x4 Z71

Tuner
    would love to see some pics of that puppy.

Jon
    2012 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins with Banks CAI, intake tubes, intake horn, grid heater/EGR/DEF delete, 4" Straight pipe
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Stock - but looking to change that