Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtual Torque adjustments

Tuner
    So throttle desired MAP, desired airmass, desired airflow vs actual is what to set up in the logger. I have a 07 CTS V w E67 and these data items aren't available. So... any idea where to start?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    So throttle desired MAP, desired airmass, desired airflow vs actual is what to set up in the logger. I have a 07 CTS V w E67 and these data items aren't available. So... any idea where to start?
    FYI - This section of the forum/this thread is Gen V GM V8 (DI V8 generally with the E92 ECM) so all of the variables and tables don't apply to the E67 LSA (Gen IV GM V8).

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    I logged this, Throttle Desired MAP, Airmass, and Airflow all read 0 at WOT - the only thing that does show is Throttle Desired Area Final going to 100%
    Not sure if this what?s going on but some of the closed loop stuff goes to zero in open loop.

I just did the torque model on my 2007 tahoe e38 that I have a lsa blower on and wow what a difference in changing up the model. I logged my delivered torque as normal took a bunch of cylinder air mass points and compared them to what was stock in the editor. I was over them by around 20 percent all over the place and higher in some others. So just to start I raised all of the maps on both airmass and map. For airmass I just took my highest reading of 1.52 and setup the virtual torque to -10-40 timing and o-1600 on millgrams. I put 1.20 into the top did multiply to all the positive table. Didnt make any of the - valves change yet. After raising it all compared to my logs again and was close. Then I smoothed the whole table then extrapolated then calculated. You wouldnt believe how much better this tahoe drives now with the blower. No more drive line clunks coming to a stop. Trans shifting so much better even with an older 4l60e. It was slamming in very low throttle inputs and at certain spots part throttle was not firm enough and wot was lazy though I had maxed out all the pressures in it and its a fully built trans with a shit ton of upgrades( i build for a living) it just never acted right. Smoother idle timing is staying more in line not so erratic tip in lean spots gone so many bad driving habits are so much better and I didnt change a single thing other then torque model. This is obviously something that most over look and must be done even on gen4 stuff. My 2017 zl1 the trans went to shit on just e85 tune redid the model and not only fixed but its shifting faster and harder then ever and I havent touched my tcm yet. Blown away how much the torque model changes the over all driving characteristics. I cant wait to change it on the 4 cylinder turbo stuff I have done in the past and never touched them there as didnt think it was needed and I was wrong.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150