Thread: 4l60e with a 3200 circle d stall 2-3shift

Tuner in Training

Exclamation 4l60e with a 3200 circle d stall 2-3shift

i have a 4l60e out of a 02 Tahoe it has 3200 circle D stall and a transgo hd2 kit its bolted to a 02 5.3l with a c.i.a and BTR stage 3 truck cam... my problem is as of this moment if i take off in d4 it shifts 1-2 i can feel it, 2-3 the scanner says it shifted but its does act like it at 45-50 its still at 2500.rpm.. it has 3.08s as far as I'm told and 215/65/15s whitch measure at 26in... no during logging i can be driving along and punch it and itll shift but drop back down a gear or something ... here a log and tune file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Use the scanner and lock the converter while your still in first gear - you should feel the shifts then to know if it's shifting or not... You have two things softening shifts - big tires and high stall converter...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    It would be useful to be able to open your tune file. It won't open for me.
    Believe it or not many people screw up the shift timing with a shift kit, the 2nd gear release and 3rd apply need to happen at the right time. And with that transgo kit a lot of people set the 1-2 shift too firm making the 2-3 shift feel too soft.
    And like said the torque converter stall doesn't help shift feel.
    Circle D seems to have some really loose converters to add to all that.
    I had my Circle D restalled by someone else.
    As you can see in this video with a steady throttle the rpm doesn't drop with the shifts.
    https://youtu.be/7wYk3rUz31Y

Tuner in Training
    ok now in the the scanner demands tcc option there to tcc on/off choices tcc solenoid and tcc pwm witch one? then you have force motor ? I turn on both on/off tcc choices tcc solenoid first and I can feel alittle something but but when I turn the pwm choice on its like it kicke it back out .. I figured in d4 when locked my rpm chould atlest be 1500 or so not 2400-3000 ... my tires are babies compared to the 295/60/15 on my other car...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_CUSTOMS View Post
    ok now in the the scanner demands tcc option there to tcc on/off choices tcc solenoid and tcc pwm witch one? then you have force motor ? I turn on both on/off tcc choices tcc solenoid first and I can feel alittle something but but when I turn the pwm choice on its like it kicke it back out .. I figured in d4 when locked my rpm chould atlest be 1500 or so not 2400-3000 ... my tires are babies compared to the 295/60/15 on my other car...
    Do you know how any of this works?
    You said you don't know the rear gear ratio so how can you have an idea of what the rpm should be?
    The tcc solenoid locks the converter, selecting on in the scanner locks the converter. If you're testing it you need to lock it under load to see an rpm drop, not going to see much at a steady spwed. Selecting tcc pwm pulses the tcc apply and makes it softer.

By the way, if you have a billet converter the lock up pwm in the programming should be set to 98 in the min and max tables.

Heres a very easy calculation you can do to see whats going on. BUT you need to know your rear gear and the speedometer needs to be correct.
    Rear gear x trans gear x converter slip x mph divided by tire diameter = rpm
    So with the information you provided you're getting 3400 rpm in second gear and 2100 rpm in third. This is at 50 mph with 26" tires. So you need correct information to get any useful information to your question.

Being able to read the tune file would help a lot also. It seems you just like to post shit and not read replies.

Tuner in Training

hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    Do you know how any of this works?
    You said you don't know the rear gear ratio so how can you have an idea of what the rpm should be?
    The tcc solenoid locks the converter, selecting on in the scanner locks the converter. If you're testing it you need to lock it under load to see an rpm drop, not going to see much at a steady spwed. Selecting tcc pwm pulses the tcc apply and makes it softer.

By the way, if you have a billet converter the lock up pwm in the programming should be set to 98 in the min and max tables.

Heres a very easy calculation you can do to see whats going on. BUT you need to know your rear gear and the speedometer needs to be correct.
    Rear gear x trans gear x converter slip x mph divided by tire diameter = rpm
    So with the information you provided you're getting 3400 rpm in second gear and 2100 rpm in third. This is at 50 mph with 26" tires. So you need correct information to get any useful information to your question.

Being able to read the tune file would help a lot also. It seems you just like to post shit and not read replies.
    yes I know how the majority of it work... still new at it only 6 months in but read and read before purchasing.. yes I'm aware of gear ratio needing to be correct and in return so does the speedo...ive done a quick check by jackin u on rear tire since its a open diff an and spinning that one tire a complete 2 turns and I get just a lkittle over 3 drive shaft rotations not enough to call them 3.42 or 3.73.. more of a 3.08..the scanner speed is a couple mph higher...and yes the tcc does lck cause I tested it it today took of in first and commanded it on at about 15mph and rpm dropped significantly to bout stalling feeling from 1200rpm to about 400 or lower...im not sure why my tune files aren't able to be seen.BLAZER RTT VE FILE 3.hpt maf tuning.hpt