Thread: LS1 Oil Pressure Reading Weirdness

Tuner in Training

LS1 Oil Pressure Reading Weirdness

Any idea why the HP Tuner oil pressure scan reading stays at -15.4psi?

The oil pressure needle on my ls1 works fine but the HP Tuner does not pick up the correct reading.

Thanks,

Shawn
    2000 SS M6 MTI T-1 Cam, Random Tech Catback, Cutout, Aftermarket Lid, Under Drive Pulley
    2012 CTS-V Stock (Fast enough to peg my pucker factor limit)

Advanced Tuner
    The pressure sensor/sender is not connected to the pcm.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    The pressure sensor/sender is not connected to the pcm.
    So the interior oil pressure needle on the instrument panel would still show oil pressure even if the sensor/sender was not attached to the PCM? I was under the impression that if the sensor/sender was not plugged on, there would be no oil pressure reading on the instrument panel needle..

Thanks
    2000 SS M6 MTI T-1 Cam, Random Tech Catback, Cutout, Aftermarket Lid, Under Drive Pulley

Advanced Tuner
    Of course if you unplug the sensor you won't get a reading on the instrument panel.
    The sensor goes directly to the instrument panel,it has nothing to do with the pcm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben C View Post
    Of course if you unplug the sensor you won't get a reading on the instrument panel.
    The sensor goes directly to the instrument panel,it has nothing to do with the pcm
    Thats what had me wondering with this statement: "The pressure sensor/sender is not connected to the pcm. "

If the oil pressure needle is working in the car, then everything is connected as it should be.

Since HP Tuner reads -15.4 PSI all the time, it has to be something with the HP Tuner software/setup

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    What vehicle is this on? Is it possible that it is wired directly to the dash gauge and not to the PCM?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lewingjr View Post
    What vehicle is this on? Is it possible that it is wired directly to the dash gauge and not to the PCM?
    2000 SS Camaro M6

Advanced Tuner
    I own a 2002 SS since new and a 2001 Z28. The oil pressure sending unit doesn't go into the pcm

Heres a wiring pinout of the pcm http://lt1swap.com/2001_PCM_CONN_PINOUT.htm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lewingjr View Post
    Apparently you are correct. The sending unit/sensor is wired directly through the dash gauge..

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sawacs View Post
    Apparently you are correct. The sending unit/sensor is wired directly through the dash gauge..
    Which is why I said it's not connected to the pcm.