Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 ctsv fuel tuning

Yeah, it almost sucks starting out on something like that.. starting out on a truck with some long tubes or something it's a lot harder to break anything. I know the feeling.. first tune for me was C6 corvette w/supercharger lol

Senior Tuner
    what is the mods on the car?
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuning Addict
    Is the stumble only present on E85? You've got the usual hack E85 timing tune...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    what is the mods on the car?
    bt stage 3 cam, ported blower, snout, tb, etc, 2" headers, and e85, manual transmission car

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Is the stumble only present on E85? You've got the usual hack E85 timing tune...
    no its present with pump gas also was worse on e85 have it running much better now after cleaning up the VVE tables, gonna throw new plugs in it next week then fine tune it more

Tuner in Training
    I am absolutely not a tuner...ok, got that out of the way.

I was looking at my tune, and that of a friend, and I noticed I have a lot less ignition lead. I know I am making more boost, have ported heads, and headers. He has a slightly bigger cam.

I'm on 91 octane, he's on 93 octane.

OK, I can see how 6 degrees more timing might be doable...again, I have a lot more boost.

But then I looked at his low octane table, and it matches his high octane table. Is this really what you want?

He does not race his CTS-V, just street, so he's not after a time, or trying to beat out his friend. We are 2500 miles apart, so we aren't racing each other, either.

High Octane Table.JPG High Octane Table

Low Octane Table.JPG
    Low Octane Table

Thoughts?

Tuning Addict
    No you don't want the timing the same in both tables - needs to be less in the low octane table for safety - otherwise engine will have no ability to save itself if bad fuel such as your 91 or 87 is ever purchased...

Timing also typically shouldn't be the same at a 1 airmass as a full boost 1.26 airmass level...

With 91 octane you may not be able to add that much, but a couple of degrees can make a substantial difference sometimes on these motors...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsvnut View Post
    bt stage 3 cam, ported blower, snout, tb, etc, 2" headers, and e85, manual transmission car

no its present with pump gas also was worse on e85 have it running much better now after cleaning up the VVE tables, gonna throw new plugs in it next week then fine tune it more
    Air fuel going lean on the stumble? You may need to tune in the transient fueling better - there's a tab specifically for this in the editor...

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    For the record, @gmtech16450yz called me out on the other forum...mentioning my utter lack of activity within these cyber walls.

It's because I don't have any competence, I mean confidence, in this. I can deal with a Holley and distributor fine, but...well, honestly, it's the fact that my car is boosted (16 psi, or 215 kPa, or something like that) that causes me to pause and not load any changes to my tune.

OK, whining over...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    For the record, @gmtech16450yz called me out on the other forum...mentioning my utter lack of activity within these cyber walls.

It's because I don't have any competence, I mean confidence, in this. I can deal with a Holley and distributor fine, but...well, honestly, it's the fact that my car is boosted (16 psi, or 215 kPa, or something like that) that causes me to pause and not load any changes to my tune.

OK, whining over...
    Haha, you're a funny guy! You SHOULD post on here more.

Honestly, this is a pretty safe place. And you're a smart guy. Don't be afraid to ask these guys anything, they'll be happy to help you start F'ing up your tune...I mean make your car run better.
    Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz

Do I have to start banning people?

Just kidding of course. Carry on

People really don't busts peoples balls over here very much unless you just flat out ignore what people are asking for or what they're saying you should try.. eventually that does get old, but otherwise I've seen quite a few horrible tunes/logs posted and people usually just try to help

Senior Tuner
    for tuning purposes i can see the matched ho and lo tables, but not for a final version. the room for error is too great in some fuel supplies. 2 degree's on an lsa could mean a 20hp/20ft lb gain depending on where it is.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    for tuning purposes i can see the matched ho and lo tables, but not for a final version. the room for error is too great in some fuel supplies. 2 degree's on an lsa could mean a 20hp/20ft lb gain depending on where it is.
    FWIW, I saw a 16 hp gain on E60 with one additional degree of timing, but, at the time, I was out of pump so we backed it off.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    FWIW, I saw a 16 hp gain on E60 with one additional degree of timing, but, at the time, I was out of pump so we backed it off.
    sometimes the juice is not worth the squeeze lol