Thread: Scaling crazy amounts to get AFR

Scaling crazy amounts to get AFR

Did some tuning on the 98 Turbo TA today. Weird stuff going on. I have 50# injectors so I scaled IFR for 50#rs at about 200% and the thing wouldn't even run it was so lean. I scaled back clear to stock to get it to run right. Stock IFR is about 3.6-3.9. I ended up setting it at 4 straight across as I have boost referenced FPR. It runs good and drives good and the LTFT's are about -5 most of the time. But, when you get on boost, the thing goes off the scale rich (like kills the engine rich). So I scaled back the PE table to try and lean out WOT. Stock was about 1.250. I pulled it clear down to .300 and it was still fatter than my wideband would read but at least starting to run pretty good.

I have a piggyback unichip on the car which I previously couldn't pull out enough fuel to make it run right. I could pull -50 max and it was still off scale before HPTuner. At .300, it leaned out to 13:1 with unichip set at -15, but was off the scale rich with unichip set at 0 fuel mods so it is getting closer for sure. So I know that the HPTuner is leaning it out but not enough. Seems psycho to have to put PE multiplier to 25% I have no idea what to do. Maybe the injectors are just screwed. If you have any ideas let me know.

Also, when I pulled fuel and got it running better (wasn’t killing the engine when boost comes on) it started to shut off the fuel on the top end. Cutting the fuel pump voltage. I have dual Walbro pumps hotwired, but the main fuel pump lead runs the relay so it is controlled by PCM still as far as shutting on or off. Can I turn that function off somehow?

Thanks, Rick

Re: Scaling crazy amounts to get AFR

Finally had enough. I think the injector scale curve is way off or something. I took the 50# delphi injectors out and replaced with Motronics 65#. Set the IFR table to .615 and she runs great. ;D