Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Is there any way to add Innovate LC2 to the list? Thanks.
    Last edited by Snyper; 02-04-2016 at 10:05 AM.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Quote Originally Posted by mbray01 View Post
    Originally Posted by VYSSLS1
    can you make it so it DOES NOT auto open the file every time you open the software. its a pain in the ass, it slows it down and for people like my self that are doing different cars every day its a pain..

You can disable that in the Tools->Options menu

my does not give the option

only gives

system of units
    and
    tuner/autolock
    This will be in the next 3.0
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    Is there any way to add Innovate LC2 to the list? Thanks.
    It's already supported via MPVI A/D inputs, and direct via serial port.

Advanced Tuner
    Is that new? I have 3.0.9 and I didnt see it on the list. image1.JPG
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Tuner in Training
    Just dropping a quick note to thank you guys.

I am one that makes his living with the software and have been with HPT since 2004. I jumped on the 3.0, downloaded it first day, and then had a new licensing issue on a file previously created in 2.24. However, I loaded various other tunes and OS based files, no problem. The kicker is, the issue I had was with my personal vehicle, so yes I was a bit pissed, even though I'm smart enough to know anything that runs on electronics will glitch from time to time. Once things got rolling after they got my files in question, I also imagined that any new software rollout, no matter how much previous testing was done, can have a bit of a pain factor in the beginning for the creators. That's just a fact of life, and I know better than otherwise. That said, I left them pretty much alone , knowing this is hell week for them, and lo and behold, this morning, 3.0.10 has my issue fixed.

I had no loss of functionality, other than the one on my personal vehicle, which is up, and I've been able to tune other vehicles, including a 2015 gas Colorado, which I wasn't even sure if that calibration was accessible. Tuned it, no problems, and I definately, once learning to navigate the UI, like the editor, and for one, it seems better suited for old dudes vision.

Thanks Bill and Keith for being patient, thick skinned, and staying on top of things under the pressure and bottom line getting me fixed up.

Jim

Potential Tuner
    Just downloaded 3.0, and need to change tire size on my 2006 Duramax, but there is no tire size change in speedo portion, like 2.24 how do you do this

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by B&B Performance View Post
    Just downloaded 3.0, and need to change tire size on my 2006 Duramax, but there is no tire size change in speedo portion, like 2.24 how do you do this
    edit-gear/tire wizard
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Is it possible to keep a running changelog between the subversions? Like 3.0.7 vs 3.0.8 vs 3.0.9 etc.

Also some notes I had from earlier, not sure if you think any of them are valid or not but thought they were worth mentioning.

A couple nits from the scanner that I have found, these seem pretty simple to implement...

-When deleting a channel it automatically shifts the lower ones up. Would be nice if it just cleared the row without shifting.

-When on the Insert Channels menu thing, if you move the cursor outside this box the Channel tab collapses which is annoying.

-A Maths shortcut on the top toolbar would be nice, like next to the VCM Suite Info I button.

-Ability to have the Maths Manager window and Quanties and Units window open at the same time

-Having the Units list in alphabetical order would make things much easier to find.

-The default histogram y axis is in MAP whereas the PCM has it in Airmass (formerly dynamic cylinder air), not sure why this is? Also it would be cool if you could do a forumla for row/column labels with an upper bound and lower. Like 0.08+X*.04, with an upper bound of 9 and lower of 0. So that would be 10 rows, starting at 0.08 and ending in 0.44. Would be a lot easier than typing every value.

-Similar to the above, the older version had an option to setup the histogram table based on another predescribed table (like primary ve vs rpm vs map), this appears to be gone.

-Being able to double click on a channel, gauge, chart, etc. to go to settings directly would be nice instead of having to right click.

Is there a way to add spaces in the channel config so that all the channels are one after the other?

edit: if you highlight say the last 5 items in the channel list and right click, select move down, it will move them down and add a space above them
    Last edited by schpenxel; 02-04-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Is there a way to add spaces in the channel config so that all the channels are one after the other?

edit: if you highlight say the last 5 items in the channel list and right click, select move down, it will move them down and add a space above them
    Ctrl + arrow up/down will do the same thing.
    Jaime

[QUOTE=Atomic;414492]Is it possible to keep a running changelog between the subversions? Like 3.0.7 vs 3.0.8 vs 3.0.9 etc.[quote]
    I've been posting them.. we add parameters and vehicle support every day though, and do not maintain a list of those, it'd be too long

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    -When on the Insert Channels menu thing, if you move the cursor outside this box the Channel tab collapses which is annoying.
    Click the pin at the top right of the Channels window and it will stay.

-Ability to have the Maths Manager window and Quanties and Units window open at the same time
    With the variable wizard, having to look up quantities and units aren't as critical anymore.

-The default histogram y axis is in MAP whereas the PCM has it in Airmass (formerly dynamic cylinder air), not sure why this is?
    There are many defaults built in, you can select from them under the Layout menu at the top.

-Similar to the above, the older version had an option to setup the histogram table based on another predescribed table (like primary ve vs rpm vs map), this appears to be gone.
    This feature maybe worked on 10% of the vehicles we supported, was broken on probably 40%, and didn't exist for the other half. Thus, it was removed. You can now right click and copy your axis in editor and paste it directly into the Graph Layout Editor.

Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    I've had the same intermittent issue since late in the development of 2.25 and I can't for the life of me find a pattern. I've tried different vehicles, different installations, renamed my old HP Tuners folder, deleted all my math parameters, with and without wideband, totally stock install settings, etc.

Sometimes I get 20 minutes of logging and other times I get two. Today for the first time I had the wideband stop responding mid log. Closing the scanner fixed it for the moment. Of course I'm driving and didn't notice I was wasting my time logging.

When the scanner hangs the CPU goes to 50% on the application.

Beyond this, I love the new look / functions.
    I also had 2.25 Beta hangs anywhere from 2min to 15min, but narrowed it down to one particular PID... removed that and it was fine since. I have since been able to include this PID... cant remember what it was. I posted about it in the BETA 2.25 thread.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by FunkedOut View Post
    something else I observed...
    not sure if it's real or not.

Logging with the engine off, key in the run position.
    I was picking amongst a few TPS and ACS channels.
    I noticed when I depress the accelerator, the LTFT's increase from 0 to about 5% and back down when I let off.
    Is this real? Or a glitch? Never noticed it before.
    all OBD scanning software and hardware does this. not sure why. I assume it's something happening in the GM code... I've sniffed the OBD stream and I see the actual LTFT response changing... so it's defiantly not HPTuners.

Sometimes I can get the Speedo to bounce up just from free revving (foot to floor type free revving) in my 2010 Camaro LS3 Manual. Not sure why, not sure if the tail shaft is bouncing around creating sensor trigger or what.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 02-04-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    I also had 2.25 Beta hangs anywhere from 2min to 15min, but narrowed it down to one particular PID... removed that and it was fine since. I have since been able to include this PID... cant remember what it was. I posted about it in the BETA 2.25 thread.
    If you know how to duplicate the problem, please contact support with the information required and we'll try to fix it.

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys,I gave the 2.24 another name so I can keep it and downloaded 3.0 version..i want to use my 2.24 VCM scanner..what do I need to do?it does not verify my vehicle..the 3.0 scanner is working,but my 2.24 scanner isn't...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Ctrl + arrow up/down will do the same thing.
    Even better, thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiD View Post
    I only used 2.24 for about a week and 3.0 is already a HUGE improvement for what I need!
    VVE and throttle pedal mapping will save a lot of time and headaches.

Just everything is in a different place now. Ican't find the "Change VIN" command. How do you do that now?
    Bump for this.
    Could you please let me know how to change the VIN #? It's for E38 PCM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Because the previous change vin option only worked on about 5% of the vehicles we support it has been removed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

logged fuel trim cell. the change in LTFTs is real. fuel trim cell goes from 14 to 8 when i press the accelerator with the car off. thanks.

got this from the help file:
    Fuel Trims later LS3 and other later model vehicles that use Airflow Mode boundaries

EVAP Open
    0 - 5 defined by the LTFT Airflow Mode Purge On boundaries
    6 - Idle
    7 - Decel

EVAP Closed
    8 - 13 defined by the LTFT Airflow Mode Purge Off boundaries
    14 - Idle
    15 - Decel
    Last edited by FunkedOut; 02-04-2016 at 05:00 PM.
    2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 6.2L L86, 6L80e - AFM disabled

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiD View Post
    Bump for this.
    Could you please let me know how to change the VIN #? It's for E38 PCM.
    Off topic, you wouldn't happen to be the same NikolaiD from the mss54hp DME dissambly thread? If so your contributions on that subject is very well appreciated, especially in the DTC coding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Because the previous change vin option only worked on about 5% of the vehicles we support it has been removed.
    When the standalone 2.24 is released again, would the 2.24 still have this option for the older GM ecus used in the fbodies and c5 vettes? It is just nice to match up the VIN to the chasis of those cars, even if it is just a roller turned drag strip car.