Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What did you tune today thread ........

Thanks buddy, the owner is wrapped

Tuned Olly's BA XR6T BTR with nothing special just

4 inch dump/cat/system
    Port n flap job
    Wog cooler
    Walbro intank and that's it

Injectors gave up at the usual place but returned a few more KW's than Patric's purple one a few weeks back

Stupid bump in the boost plots are some funky software glitch i think but came in at 7psi towards the end

Just for comparison rolled up 190ish stock

FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

BF mk2 XR6T 08/06

Plaz 800hp kit
    Dekas 60lb
    Walbro 400
    Valve springs
    4inch dump 3.5 system
    38mm port & flap
    Turbosmart 12psi actuator
    Bp 98 fuel

We previously tuned this ute on our D/D Dyno over 2 years ago to 335rwkw @ 17 psi and rolled up 334 today it went to the track and it done an 11.5
    It got heavily neglected over that time but has come back to have a birthday and a big going over
    Compression came in at 160psi across all 6 and we picked up 15rwkw with some refinements in our old tune to a total of 350rwkw on 16psi

http://youtu.be/j6ggGQLJjE8
    Last edited by JETURBO; 12-21-2015 at 05:23 PM.
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Tuner in Training
    i did order the HP tuner yesterday and i"ll waiting 7 days. looks like it is interesting stuff, will see how it could change my life with GM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by alsediri85 View Post
    i did order the HP tuner yesterday and i"ll waiting 7 days. looks like it is interesting stuff, will see how it could change my life with GM.
    10/10 For GM Holden
    4/10 Australian 6cyl Ford scan 2.24 version
    1/10 Australian 6cyl Ford scan 2.25 beta version
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

So many lol's funnily enough I've been eyeballing the GM stuff for a while now and HPT is not so flash when it comes to forced induction on very new models and EFI Live is still tune shops pick for this kind of work, been looking at the software on the latest EFI Live and i like it !!

Advanced Tuner
    I also have EFI Live it is an excellent product functions flawlessly and has good support unfortunately does not do Australian Fords.
    The scanner has more flexability than HP tuners but this flexibility also creates a high degree of complexity.
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    It's easy to hang shit on HPT but it' a Damn sight better than when I got onboard 6yrs ago and a much better alternative to what we had before that (ie fuckall)
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

It may seem like I'm knocking HPT but I'm not and yes 2.24 was very ho hum indeed but we still made it work and it's currently very very good for the ford stuff
    I'm only going by what others are saying on the GM stuff as I'm not that up with it first hand, what has been said does lead me to think about what workshops also say about ford and the SCT being their pick of choice where as i have no issues tuning a ford with HPT and in due course i feel the same will be able to be said regarding GM and HPT

Had the pleasure of having Jay's G6ET in for a tune as he wasn't really happy with his previous workshops ( choice ) efforts

HDI cooler kit
    60lb dekas
    TOG 4 inch exhaust
    GTX3582
    40mm turbosmart ex gate ( 15psi spring )
    4inch turbo side intake
    Eboost 2

Previously it rolled up 327rwkw ( old workshop tune )and did come into the 340rwkw zone but ran out of pump up top so dialled it back to the 333rwkw, not huge figures but did pick up over 150NM of roller torque in the mid and that's where u feel it

( just incase you're wondering the lower graph section would overlap if i was a touch harder on the final run... With a stock tailshaft you have to take some care ramping up the car with a ZF )

A big thanks to luke for the fast n furious explanation on the Eboost 2 and how to set it up !

http://youtu.be/KtdCHdnx27Q
    Last edited by JETURBO; 12-28-2015 at 03:18 AM.

Tuner
    Hey fellas, I got to tune a beautiful BA GT-P this week, it has been a long build and i have walked though the whole thing with him, so it's great to finally see and feel the results... This car was previously butchered by a well known tuner and sct.. I flashed it back to stock with my VCM-2 so I could start with a clean slate.. It's a built 5.4 mod motor, with a 2.4l whipple and a Mainforce manifold, running pump 98 and a squirt of water/meth... Which is setup on a switch that Adds timing when it's on.. So the car can be driven conservatively then about 80hp is added with the flick of a switch..

I can't add pictures with my iPhone, but I'll work it out... It made a peak of 525hp without the water meth, and 606hp with it! Awesome car, and pulls all the way to the limiter

Tuner
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...05150689711514

Hopefully this works for the pics, as I can't upload them with my iPhone

Advanced Tuner
    Saw it on facebook Joe, Great work mate. Happy customer! I have a soft spot for water meth
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Solid effort Joe !

Advanced Tuner
    Great work Joe.

Like 45T-XR I am a big fan of water meth injection. In the US they seem to get slightly better results running water meth injection on their 92 octane pump gas as they do on their 110 octane race gas. So does anyone know how it compares to E85, Joe's numbers look like its a close match.

Tuner in Training
    IMG_0441.JPG Run my FG up on 98 on friday with no "additives" and found great results using the latest beta. Good work Eric

Advanced Tuner
    Pretty impressive Sasha, 404rwkw/540rwhp is strong on 98 and you did all the tuning and mods yourself

I particularly like that you did your own port job and wheel upgrade on the turbo

Sasha and Joe seem to be getting results that shops would be happy with.

Tuner in Training
    Cheers Darryl, it is pretty staunch on the street. The transmission isn't in a happy place though (after much abuse).
    I'm lucky to have a workshop equipped to do the mods and fab work or it would have cost a fair chunk more. I think all up from bog stock to current power cost me a total of about $4k.
    I made the exhaust, airbox and intake pipework. Rebuilt and modified the second hand turbo. Fitted valve springs.
    List of parts include:
    Valve springs, 1000cc injectors, compressor cover, compressor wheel, used BF turbo, actuator, flapper valve, PW cooler kit, some diff bushes, a rear tranny mount and some credits. Some people pay a lot more for a whole lot less, so it didn't go too bad overall
    Last edited by Sasha; 01-11-2016 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    IMG_0441.JPG Run my FG up on 98 on friday with no "additives" and found great results using the latest beta. Good work Eric
    Nice boost curve!
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Eric, proof positive that those tables are a huge improvement for the FGs Sasah can confirm, but I believe it was closed loop as well.

FG MK2 XR6T A6

Jonny Tig BIG 1800hp cooler kit
    4 inch intake
    Batt relo
    ID1000's
    Process West undercar surge
    Twin 044's
    FPR1200
    Nizpro 4 inch
    GTX3582
    Garrett 12psi actuator
    E85
    Stock engine

The target boost levels are as per customers request and in mind of some reliability on the engine/driveline, did a best of 476 but ended up at 471