Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Silverado fuel system limitations with aftermarket camshaft

Mass Airflow pegs at 655.35 g/sec at the exact moment where AFR starts to lean out, your problem is right there!
    That's just were the scanner maxes out (never show more than that), The MAF will flow much more than that G/sec.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

bro here is ur mistake blow off valve should before MAF

any air read by the MAF should go into the engine other wise ur fueling will be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by jarrah View Post
    any air read by the MAF should go into the engine other wise ur fueling will be wrong
    I've already thought about that......but that isn't our issue at the moment. One more reason to just go speed density I suppose.

Better SD tune that rig, I wouldn't even attempt a MAF tune setup like that.

Its pretty easy to SD tune now with the 2.25 beta.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    That is a HUGE VE table to tune and your fueling will change with the weather, elevation, humidity, temperature and what have you. You could easily tune this with the MAF sensor, youre better off stepping up to the larger diameter charge pipe and having the peace of mind of running a MAF sensor.

R u blogging missfire at high rpm today i was tuning on of our twin turbo kits above 5000rpm is starts missfiring like hell

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    That is a HUGE VE table to tune and your fueling will change with the weather, elevation, humidity, temperature and what have you. You could easily tune this with the MAF sensor, youre better off stepping up to the larger diameter charge pipe and having the peace of mind of running a MAF sensor.
    ^^^^^
    This

Quote Originally Posted by jarrah View Post
    R u blogging missfire at high rpm today i was tuning on of our twin turbo kits above 5000rpm is starts missfiring like hell
    get away from thinking this is a port style injection table.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    ^^^^^
    This

get away from thinking this is a port style injection table.
    I am not thinking of it as port injection at all trust me i tuned many of them boosted and never ran below 12.8 afr with perfect results however i guess on the twin turbo i am tuning the spark plug wiresr touching the manifolds and above 4000rpm it starts missfiring on NA i am running 13.1 to 13.5 with great results the issue with this the wires r touching the manifolds it starts missfiring when the manifolds gets hot

So I got the 2.25 beta installed and have been messing with the VVE tool. I've got a basic ve built and have drove the truck around with decent fuel trims and I set up a Histo to log afr error with a custom PID for map/baro ratio. Other than the difficulties others have had with copy/paste it seems to be working ok.

I've made some low boost pulls on the dyno and my map logs around 140 to 145 kpa but I was hitting cells in my histo at around 1.15 to 1.2 on the map/baro ratio scale. I looked at my Baro readings during boost and it was logging around 121 kpa. Whats up with that and is that something I need to fix or just tune around it?

On the bright side, it seems my fuel limitation was due to the maf reaching its limit. The first pull I made today SD was super rich and the IDC went to 33% so it isn't stuck at 30-31% anymore atleast.
    Last edited by Tick; 07-15-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Here is a screen shot of a higher boost pull. Check out the BARO reading and also note the TPS %, the commanded torque, the Engine Torque, and the low ignition timing. Injector duty cycle is finally up also!

I was getting 84% TPS before going to SD.....and now there is a ton of ignition timing being pulled that i've been able to manipulate with the driver demand and max torque tables; atleast on low boost.

I could really use some advice on how others have successfully modified the torque tables other than just raising the 100% row and max torque until it goes wot. This truck has horrible throttle response and idle speed issues among other things and now that its SD I can't seem to make it go WOT no matter how high I raise the max torque and driver demand tables. Actually, the higher I raised those tables on low boost the worse or longer duration of timing retard got throughout the pull.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    does it have a cam?

Yes, the cam is a 223/227 on a 114 +3.

Here is the current tune file, the base file for comparison sake to see what has been changed and how, the dyno log shown in the screen shot, and my config.

I've only tuned one c7 vette with direct injection and it had a stock cam with an ECS system. This is my first cammed direct injection and to be honest I'm struggling with it. The truck doesn't start too horribly now, and it idles ok other than the fact that it idles about 100 rpms lower than commanded. Throttle response is pretty lazy when you rev the engine especially when its cold. Like you can press the accelerator about an inch before it even tries to rev. Driveability really isn't bad at all but occasionally it will stall under certain circumstances when coming to a stop.

Part of the stalling out can be attributed to the insanely loose torque converter it has.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So to recap, I was running out of fuel system I thought on this truck because I had read that guys were running out of fuel system at around 650 rwhp. Turns out my maf was pegged due to the 3" diameter charge pipe we used. I was able to get the throttle to open the full 84% with no problem by tuning the DD table and peak torque.

I went to pure SD and solved my fueling issue. Injector DC was no longer stuck at 30%. I've seen as much as 36% with a rich air fuel ratio and plenty of fuel system left it seems (with our comp camshaft).

Now in SD, the throttle won't open all of the way....it goes somewhere between 60 and 70% at wot. I haven't had any luck changing the DD table and I maxed out the peak torque table. Depending on how much I raise the values in the DD table at 100% tps I end up with a large chunk of timing pulled out for the majority of the dyno pull.

Where should I go to change whatever is necessary to get full throttle with this thing now that I'm in SD mode? I just made a test pull with nothing changed about the tune what so ever except the fail frequency of the MAF was raised from 0 to 14500 Hz to re-enable it and the throttle opened right up to 84%.....

When in SD mode the throttle will not open up beyond 60-70 % even when the throttle is first hit and reported torque is still somewhat low.

I will gladly pay someone for their time/tune if they can remedy my wot issues while in SD along with pointing me in the right direction on how to tune the idle. Here is my latest tune file and the last dyno log. This run made 650 rwhp and 579 tq with the converter unlocked and basically flashing to 5800 rpms or so. We're going to need a torque converter change before we can turn up the power any more.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    had same problem with acc pedal on my 2014, 6.2 truck.down at the pedal where it is mounted it was bending before moving the electronics.[mine was a metal frame]

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat View Post
    had same problem with acc pedal on my 2014, 6.2 truck.down at the pedal where it is mounted it was bending before moving the electronics.[mine was a metal frame]
    My pedal isn't bending.....it logs 99% pedal percentage when wot every time. It just won't go to the full TPS value of 84% when wot ONLY when in speed density mode.

I'm faced with either figuring out how to make the throttle open up all the way in SD mode (if it would even matter) or change the charge piping to a larger diameter along with relocating the blow off valve and then tuning the MAF again.

set your DD table 100% row to 800 in MAP A, MAP B and MAP C......for peak engine Torque set from 5000 RPM to 6250 set it to 880ft.lb in all rows. put your SOI back to stock, disable torque shaping......under electronic throttle set MAX PRatio to 1 for both A and B. test please and report back....

and stop using TPS, you need to use ETC Position (throttle body) and ETC Pedal Avg Position (pedal).