Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First C6 supercharged tuned, please help to see my tune

First C6 supercharged tuned, please help to see my tune

This is my first tune for C6 A6 ls2 supercharged A&A 3.8" kit, with ls9 cam + ls9 injectors + AEM 320lph fuel pump installed, headers + no cats.

Please check my tune and log file - there are few things which confusing me in tune:
    1) really low Deg timing and still KR appear ((( what timing should it normally run on pump gas?
    2) Dyno graph has really strange erattic line obove 5500rpm - but i dont really see any problem in that area in my log which could cause that drop in power (( - 2 runs there made loaded on the dyno in 4th gear
    3) May be i need to change something more in the TorqueManagement maps?

Attachment 49692Attachment 49693

Attachment 49694
    Last edited by Stez; 04-10-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    You may have a valvespring/stability issue. If so, you can't fix that with tuning.

(I removed my comment about VE only, as you seem to have 2 bar CoS.)

How rich is it right now? You are seeing less than 6psi of boost from what I can see. Not sure how you're over 100% duty cycle.
    Needs more timing with such low boost too.

I guees MAP sensor is a little wrong calibrated, actuall boost there is about 9psi peak
    Last edited by Stez; 04-11-2015 at 12:14 AM.

Im thinking of possible misfire after 5500rpm may be could cause that problem as well, what gap should work the best for this supercharged application?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxses View Post
    How rich is it right now? You are seeing less than 6psi of boost from what I can see. Not sure how you're over 100% duty cycle.
    Needs more timing with such low boost too.
    AFR all over the band about 11.3 according to LM-2

Potential Tuner
    Beltslip

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    Beltslip
    Hmm, could be but probably not, since there is no any problem in the boost log and it looks pretty linear

Please advise how much timing does ls2 should normally run under this boost with stock CR?

Advanced Tuner
    tires slip...try with 5 gear...decrease pressure on the tires...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    Please advise how much timing does ls2 should normally run under this boost with stock CR?
    Try up to 13 degrees for now.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ingsteve View Post
    tires slip...try with 5 gear...decrease pressure on the tires...
    Ah, forgot that. It's been a long time being in a slippery dyno...

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    Ah, forgot that. It's been a long time being in a slippery dyno...
    Slip tire was the first thing I thought but it's not for sure. Rpm vs roller speed dependence is straight line, so there is no any slippage for tires or tranny anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    Try up to 13 degrees for now.
    Won't I get to much KR ? I'm worrying to hurt the engine

Advanced Tuner
    Lower your Minimum Injector Pulsewidth.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    are you sure your injector data is of ZR1? doesnt seem like it is, also your timing is very low your and your fueling is a tad rich. with 9psi of boost you can easily 13-15 degrees advance
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

What year car is it?

Am I missing something, or is the wideband not being recorded? It isn't showing up on the log for me for whatever reason

I have an 05 (ECS supercharger) and have battled the same thing with knock retard.. it doesn't matter what I do, it still shows some KR (and no, it isn't burst KR). Even with the timing turned as low as yours is, torco added, meth added, doesn't matter, still shows KR.

So... I think mine is false KR. Yours may be too.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

It is 2007 year.

Could be false KR i guess, i worked with car whole day today, made the fuel leaner (it is now about 11.6-11.8 afr among the band - WB afr is recorded but like a user specified, probably thats why you cant see...). So at the moment i put ignition to about 11-13deg and afr about 11.6-11.8 - the car run just fine on the dyno, we got 519 whp but whatever im doing im still getting little KR and yes can not change it anyhow and i tryed to listen it with knock hears - can here anything as well ((( so at the moment i ignored that little knock... furthermore the KR behavior is even more strange - i have a session with 4 runs on the same tune, in the first run i got about 5deg KR, put off the throttle... and made the new run in just a minute or so (with no changes) - in the second run KR was 0 or minor 0.3deg, i made 3rd and 4th runs in just a few minutes as well - and didnt got KR in there at all, so i cant even imagin what made that first run to make that much KR otherwise as false...

PS: the erratic waves in Dyno graph in the 1st post - was the problem with ignition, we changed plugs and wires and gapped the plugs to about 0.30" - and it solved that problem absolutly!

See one of todays dyno run, this are Wheels numbers:
    Attachment 49809
    Last edited by Stez; 04-14-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Please advise if i should make any changes to A6 tranny to make it leave longer with supercharger or it will be ok with stock parameters?

Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    Please advise if i should make any changes to A6 tranny to make it leave longer with supercharger or it will be ok with stock parameters?
    Sorry.. can't help you with that one. Mine is an M6
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock