Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: when will USB be ready??

Advanced Tuner
    ok are these burritos delivered in a climate controlled truck? If not, I think your in for more action that just playing wtih your new warmer....

Chris.
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    um 3 brains in there...
    Ken, Chris, and Keith

pretty sure ken does the hardware on his own. if not they did a good job together
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

Quote Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
    pretty sure ken does the hardware on his own. if not they did a good job together
    it takes more than just hardware to make this software work....which is why I said all 3
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    I paid for the EIO upgrade a few months ago by Paypal, but still haven't sent my cable in. It just never seems to be a good time for downtime.

With the USB EIO due out soon, can I just "redirect" that payment toward a USB EIO upgrade (assuming the cost difference is acceptable when it's announced)?

Will it still be the same "ship it in for upgrade" or will there be a more streamlined exchange or replacement path that doesn't require downtime?

Advanced Tuner
    was wondering the same thing.
    If I send my old serial cable in and order the EIO serial.
    Can I exchange it later when the USB comes out?
    Is there a cost?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by slow6
    was wondering the same thing.
    If I send my old serial cable in and order the EIO serial.
    Can I exchange it later when the USB comes out?
    Is there a cost?
    I don't believe they are having the eio serials produced...the eio usb will be your only option from what I've gathered.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    Oh we are having a special one built just for you
    The frozen burrito warmer model you requested requires proof of fire insurance. You should also receive a nice tan from this thing.

-Ken
    Do you need an Aussie test pilot for one of these ,i could test it with the local cuisine . Would be able to keep my tan over the winter months too .
    Is there one with a chiller , would be handy to stop in at the bottle shop and pick up an ale or two and have it ready to drink when i get home
    Last edited by Arron; 01-13-2006 at 09:12 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    The serial EIOs are no more, I ordered one a while back and they were out and told me I would receive a USB one. Every one of the new interfaces will be USB.

Also they are NOT taking prepayments, so I wouldnt bother sending money and ordering one now, it will be refunded!

Chris

Advanced Tuner
    so I should wait till august or whatever for usb eio? ok, im patient...
    better hold off on wideband

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisj6
    The serial EIOs are no more, I ordered one a while back and they were out and told me I would receive a USB one. Every one of the new interfaces will be USB.

Also they are NOT taking prepayments, so I wouldnt bother sending money and ordering one now, it will be refunded!

Chris

Well, I didn't originally intend it as a USB prepayment, but it hasn't been refunded either. I didn't know the serial cables weren't available anymore, though. I guess I'm glad I didn't ship the cable yet

Quote Originally Posted by slow6
    so I should wait till august or whatever for usb eio? ok, im patient...
    better hold off on wideband
    I'm pretty sure its gonna happen before august...LOL
    especialy if they have stopped production on serial units...
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    Ok what do you know!? Spill!..........

j/k...yeah they will defiantely be done by August! I personally dont see them being too much longer, when production is finished, they will probably test them and then ship them out ASAP.

Chris

Advanced Tuner
    from what i hear, they <b>should</b> be out by the end of this month. Chris is right, they will refund your $ i hope its not going to take too long to get it shipped once its ordered.

I know you guys hve covered this already , but the info is conflicting. I ordered tunershop for GENIII as well as the enhanced IO cable and alredy paid for it. So I am assuming i will be at the top of the list since my money was not turned down (or refunded at the time of original purchase).

I need this thing to tune my beer cooler! LOL
    "A wise man once said that it is better to remain silent and appear ignorant, rather than speak and remove doubt".

Advanced Tuner
    info is not conflicting, they will refund your money if you are looking to UPGRADE, this is not new orders.

Chris

So if I placed an order today for EIO, what woudl happen? Would they ship out an old serial version or would they hold on and ship out a new USB version when theyre available? I would assume that when released the USB interface will be at a higher cost than the current serial interface will be. Will they continue to offer the serial or a less expensice interface without all the new bells and whistles?

- 2002 - M6 - Hurst/LSS - No TCS
    - 232/234 .595/.598 112 +2 - 7.4 PRs - Melling Lifters
    - Stage 1 DIY Heads - Milled .040 - 10.9:1 CR - PP Golds
    - Jethot LTs - DIY True Duals - Magnaflow 2.5 - SLP CME - Dual Cutouts
    - Motive 4.10s, Moser Axles, SLP cover, Built 10 bolt
    - TSP lid - FTRA - Ported TB - Ported MAF
    - HPTuners - LC1 - Matched SVO 30s
    - TTIIs - 275/315 - SFCs

If you want the USB version you can either place an order now for a serial interface, and then upgrade it to the USB version when that version is available.

Or wait until the USB version is released and you can order directly through our orders page.

The second option will be cheaper.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
    So if I placed an order today for EIO, what woudl happen? Would they ship out an old serial version or would they hold on and ship out a new USB version when theyre available? I would assume that when released the USB interface will be at a higher cost than the current serial interface will be. Will they continue to offer the serial or a less expensice interface without all the new bells and whistles?
    serial isnt going to exist to new customers. only people that will never run a w/b with tuners and dont care to upgrade to the usb will still have the usb. If you want the EIO upgrade, your also going to have to upgrade to the usb cable from the serial. i think....

Advanced Tuner
    yes that is the reason i havent been able to upgrade mine yet, i wanted to upgrade to serial eio but they are all gone, so usb it is. No complaints outa me

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99
    serial isnt going to exist to new customers. only people that will never run a w/b with tuners and dont care to upgrade to the usb will still have the usb. If you want the EIO upgrade, your also going to have to upgrade to the usb cable from the serial. i think....
    Naah, I need to start from scratch. Old laptop and cable were ripped off. It would be stupid of me not to wait for USB at this point. Thanks for the info guys!

-T