Thread: Noob with questions

Tuner in Training

Noob with questions

Let me start off by saying I am new to tuning for myself. I have a '92 Grand Prix with a 3.4 DOHC V-6 and a 5-speed. I already have it running mid 14s on OBD-I. I got myself an OBD-II harness, a '97 Monte Carlo PCM with 3.4 DOHC code, and this winter I'm going to convert the car over. But before I do that, I want to learn how to tune most of the basic things. I already have a VCM read and was looking at it tonight. I'm running VCM Suite 2.0.1x

I was told in the old version of the software that there was a menu to go to to just turn all of the automatic transmission stuff for the VCM off. I searched around for an hour trying to find it and I can't. I don't need it because I have a 5-speed and I don't need it trying to control things and throwing codes. Isn't there some way to turn this off?

Second, I don't have any A/C in my car, so I don't need any of that on either. Is there a way to turn that off?

Tuner in Training

Re: Noob with questions

So is this how it works around here? If you don't have a V8, F-Body, or supercharged V6, don't bother showing up to the party? It's not like I'm asking complicated questions about my setup. I'm asking questions about the software. Questions that one would think Chris, Keith, or anyone who knows the software pretty well would have been able to answer by now.

Advanced Tuner

Re: Noob with questions

Engine Diag->DTCs, disable the ones you don't need (search for the A/C and Auto Trans codes and turn them off)

P07xx look to be all the auto trans codes, but there are some other items scattered around ... just disable anything that mentions A/C or an auto trans code

Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned