Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help

Tuner in Training

Need Help

I'm not really sure if this is the place that the company (ride revolution) is trying to contact for some help..... But if so you are providing not enough info to tune truck... I bought program from you.. maybe they are using their company name to get information, but I bought program. If I have to stay in contact with you and relay information I will. I have a truck with procharger supercharger (11Pds) with 150 shot nos and turning 13.945 in qt. mile. I completely redone engine with custom made pistons (inverted), cam (custom made) rods, fuel injectors (42pd). Prior to getting supercharger I was running on (STOCK) with 150 shot nos...13.00. Never ran less than never ran more than. Ride Revolution did all my engine work so I could run the 150 shot with nos.... Some of the times we are running with the current program is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!13.9 w/nos. It is great through 1st, 2nd, but when we hit 3rd or Drive boost falls off greatly.... I am just trying to say i am on these people's ass and they are telling me they cannot get any tech support, I am the one buying the program not THEM. I have put over 10 gr in this vehicle to be in magazine without times to back it up it's not going to happen. Like I said before I bought program and would like assistance to do what this truck is capable of doing!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Shannon Carter

Please Contact me:[email protected] <[email protected]>
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner

Re: Need Help

Hptuners (the guys that runs this site), with whom i have no affiliation other than owning a couple of their products does not teach you how to tune a vehicle, nor should they. they are simply selling you a tool to access your pcm. Kinda like buying a lab scope off the mac or snapon truck, you bought it now you get to learn how to use it.

However, the many users and the owners of this wonderful web site will provide answers where possible to any specific questions you may have.

There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Tuner in Training

I am not getting anything on topend. It digs hard 1st and 2nd, but then it is like it just quits. 1st and 2nd we are at 11pd boost. When it hits 3rd falls to 5 and stays. On motor on dyno 490/ nos 620. I can get data logs if needed. Just don't understand why with that hp. When with stock motor we were running 13.00 on 150 shot. Now with charger and spray we run 13.89 best.

Post some logs,someone might help.

Tuner in Training

I will post some logs tonight. I really hope someone can help i am so frustrated!!!! What all would be needed on log. I don't have the program in hand, will have to call company trying to tune to get information. We did do some data logs last night at track. Not sure how this works. :-/

Advanced Tuner

I'm assuming this truck is an Automatic...It sounds to me like you are having a tranny holding problem in third, or you are pushing through the convertor. If it was a tuning issue, you would not be seeing the boost in other gears.

Senior Tuner

There is a lot of kooky traction control stuff that goes
    on, and I think this may be your problem with the
    3rd gear falloff of boost (boost being measuerd off the
    manifold, after throttle, I presume). There are things
    that roll back the throttle to 50% open. Might have the
    tuner look in the DFCO engine tab, this is where I saw
    it last, there may be some torque limit crap like that
    holding you back. Though why on 3rd, and not 1, 2,
    is curious. However I've seen this stuff really hold back
    a blower truck I played with. Logging will tell you whether
    it's throttle, fuel or spark (has to be one, then you find
    the man behind the curtain).

11PSI is pretty high to be using the 1-bar MAP sensor
    I suspect. It's got to be compromising the speed density
    accuracy so your MAF had better be happy and you'd
    better not be seeing full boost under transient throttle
    or low RPM conditions. Single digit PSI boosts seem to
    kind of get away with stock MAP sensor but that big,
    maybe you need to be on a 2-bar setup. Or something.

Tuner in Training

We are using 2 bar map sensor but its not right either. Alot of this stuff is over my head but I do know that I hope it is not the tranny or convertor. The guy who is tuning my truck will be posting some logs on here hopefully today. If it is convertor or tranny what are some options? I have already put enough money in this truck.....my wife is going to make me sleep in it if i put anymore in it. I don't understand why it would be one of those with it pulling so hard 1st and 2nd. This thing launched like a rocket last night then just fell off. I just want to get this thing right not only for me but also for Rob who has done all the work on this truck. Hopefully you guys can answer some of the questions he has.

Advanced Tuner

the 3-4 clutch pack on the 4lshitieE's in prone to failure, and the stock bands suck also. It sounds to me like your trans is gone or is about to go out. 3rd gear is almost always the 1st to go. Solutions??? TH400, or a seriously built 4LXXe. Once you have eliminated the mechanical things, then I would start looking into some of the things that Jimmy mentioned. However like he said, if it was a tuning issue, you would be seeing symptoms in the other gears as well. I think your trans is going out. That is very common when you start making the power that you are, and the weight of the truck isn't helping much either.

Tuner in Training

I see what you are saying but even when we were on just spraying it, it would level out when it hit 3rd. That is the main reason i got the procharger. Thinking it would take care of top-end but it is just not doing that. What about the convertor, Robert did mention that about the convertors and also the cam.... but i had cam custom built. We built engine to hold 900-1000hp. I want to be in the 11's with this truck which i feel is perfectly capable with the set up I have but just cannot get it I bought truck new in 2003 it had 20,000 miles on it before we built it. You may be right but i don't really feel that it is the trans. but like i said alot of this stuff i do not understand. This truck is fast as hell until about 70mph then just levels out. But if I am at 75-80 and stomp it, it digs like crazy. There is a span between 60-70 when if i stomp it it just cannot hardly built boost. It goes down to around 5 and struggles until i get to around 90 just guessing. Like i said Everything you guys tell me I am going to tell Robert, hopefully he will be able to get on here soon so somoeone can be on same page. I really appreciate you guys trying to help....

Advanced Tuner

check the air fuel ratio when the bog is occuring, sound like it may be too lean.

could also be timing table needs adjusting
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Tuner in Training

The air/fuel is great across the board. On motor and when spraying very little if any KR. We are constantly changing program to try and fix problem but air/fuel is great. If anything we run a little fat just to be conservative. We have talked about timing and going to work on that Fri. Just didn't want to pull too much out but I have got to get some serious top end!!!

Potential Tuner

I will try to post our data logs from the racetrack sometime today.

Tuner in Training

OK Here is the deal............... My truck has LS1 engine. The big question I have is should the people who built my engine; should they have known that with that much hp with no keyway, that it was going to turn in the crank??????620hp (with nos) 530w/o.. Harmonic balancer bolt was sent back out doing lots of damage to crank..... which now engine is back and in full swing except for oil pressure..... Just wanted to get some opinions..... Thanks ??? > > ??? ??? > > >

Pinning the crank is step one in every supercharger install I've seen.

John.
    2001 QS/Black Z06, Borla Stingers, Vararam, Longtube headers, HPTuners

Tuner in Training

can someone tell me what drives the oil pump on LS1 engine? Is it the harmonic balancer pulley?

Quote Originally Posted by HELPSS
    can someone tell me what drives the oil pump on LS1 engine? Is it the harmonic balancer pulley?

The pump is slides over the crank shaft which is keyed to turn it. The harmonic balancer has nothing to do with the pump.
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

Actually the oil pump is ran off of the the lower timing gear, not the crank. The crank is keyed to accept the timing gear which then in turn drives the oil pump that slides over it. Are you running a double roller timing chain set? If so, make sur that the timing chain is not grinding into the oil pump. The double roller are wider and require spacing the oil pump about a 1/16th of an inch towards the timing cover in most cases.

Tuner in Training

+
    3My truck has the ls1 engine. Same as corvette and it is NOT keyed....... and the company who built my engine is saying since they send a drill bit for the corvette to make keyway they should have for mine.... I have contacted procharger and they said no truck kit needs drill bit for p1sc only 8psi. The kit for the corvette is p1sc which is a street blower.... I bought(racing blower) d1sc so I could run (nos) as well. On dyno with nos we were at 620hp/730tq all 4 wheels....530motor/630 tq.... Chevrolet took short cut in not making a keyway but with that being seen and knowing we were going to do this much hp..... should that maybe have been addressed????? I was (truck is sitting at this time) at 14psi lst and 2nd but when hit 3rd fell off to 6psi..... They fronted the bill to fix crank and pulley, but now there is no oil pressure and they are saying it is a result of this, being the harmonic balancer coming out of crank.... If a company "stands behing their work" well nevermind.....Guys I really don't understand alot of the internals of engine but everyone I have talked to says that it was a mistake to not key it from the get go and should have been addressed..... Please help..... >

I have spun a balancer off on a 04 Z06 that I did and started keying them ever since. ATI sells a reall nice setup for that. How bad was the crank damaged? and did they replace the crank? or just clean the old one up? also did you replace the oil pump? there was probably a sh$# load of metal that got into the oil pump when that thing spun. The reason you won't see the shavings and dust when looking at it from the outside is cause the front main seal will hold it all in and pump grinding dust through your motor especially your oil pump, since it is the closest thing to the front crank pulley. Get a new oil pump and see what happens. or pull your old one out and see if it is full of metal or turns real rough.

Forest