Thread: Base G8 GXP(LS3) w/ Cam Tune

Base G8 GXP(LS3) w/ Cam Tune

All,

I am getting ready to put a cam in my G8 GXP M6 and I was checking to see if anyone out there has a base tune for me to work from. I know this combo has been done a ton before so hopefully someone has something to at least get me started. Here are the mods:

Livernois stage 2C cam - 224 236 .612 .612 117
    Kooks mid length headers
    Corsa cat-back
    Vararam CAI
    05 C6 TT
    02 TA: 8.58@157 Radials, N20

Senior Tuner
    I don't have a tune for you, but I will say that that cam should settle in nicely. I wouldn't anticipate too much trouble getting it to idle well. The big thing that you may need to address will be the effect (if any) of the V-ram on your MAF calibration. I usually see a shift to the lean side with most V-ram kits. Nearly 10-15%.

On a side note: I would like an update and some power numbers when you get it done. I've looked at that cam and have considered it for a future project.

Good luck.
    Jaime

I am looking for some guidance in this swap also. I have a L76 going in my '71 Chevelle. I am going to do a cam swap, probably one of the Livernosis cams.
    Can the MAF handle the airflow change well enough to get the motor up and running or will I have to make substantial changes to my tune to make it drivable . I am cranking this motor on my test stand so I will be able to run it for a while before it goes into the car.
    Thanks!

buddyholly, the car actually fired right up and idled pretty well without a tune. Once the computer learned the new setup it idled even better, just some small hiccups during low RPM and lots of gear changes, like a parking lot. I still haven't tuned the car, I have been busy as hell at work. I drive it every day, no WOT yet but you can tell it will make some power.

If you have facebook, I have a video of it.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...1935419&ref=mf
    05 C6 TT
    02 TA: 8.58@157 Radials, N20

Quote Originally Posted by FastBlackTA View Post
    buddyholly, the car actually fired right up and idled pretty well without a tune. Once the computer learned the new setup it idled even better, just some small hiccups during low RPM and lots of gear changes, like a parking lot. I still haven't tuned the car, I have been busy as hell at work. I drive it every day, no WOT yet but you can tell it will make some power.

If you have facebook, I have a video of it.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...1935419&ref=mf
    I just installed the same Cam on my ls3 Camaro and I am interested to know how it goes with you. Please keep us posted.