Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What am i missing here?

Question What am i missing here?

So, i did a quick and dirty/basic tune on an 02 1500HD(6 litre, 4L80, 373's) taking out Tq Man, and a few minor things(rev limit, spd limiter, etc) But i cant for the life of me, get it to leave twins from a dead stop. Would this be something to do with the T-con lockup?? Me, being the n00b tuner i am...am totally stumped. Thanks to all that can help!

Post up the tune so we can take a look at it and see if you missed something.
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

Heres the file for you guys to look at...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you took out very VERY little TM if anything...thats the problem.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Sorry, I posted the wrong one up there, I zeroed out the tables in the Torque Reduction vs Torque vs Shift in Normal and Perf. modes. I also took out the abuse mode stuff. I also filled (in the engine TM tab) the Max Tq vs. RPM with 640's.

But other than those which arent in that tune, is there something that isnt so obvious that im passing over?

EDIT: So heres the better file.
    Last edited by gman4dx266; 08-10-2006 at 04:09 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks like theres still alot of engine TM

can you tell a newbie what to look at? lol

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    under engine TM

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    under engine TM
    Would it be under the Spark Retard % and Torque Loss %? I have all 0's in the Spark Retard, but the Torque Loss % table, im kind of unsure on. Would it be all 0's or all 100%'s? Since it doesn't have ETC, can i just leave those alone, as well as TCS?

My Tip-in Torque, Max Tq-RPM vs Gear and Max Tq vs rpm are all 640's, is that right? Sorry for all the Questions, ive searched and read all the TM related stuff on here, but -still- cant get it right. (and yes the AC is off) Thanks for the quick replies, btw.

For whatever reason I cannot view your tune. I keep getting a fail validation check error.

But maybe this thread will help you. http://hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1764

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

I have no idea why you're getting that, Zick, but ive changed everything in that thread(ive re-read it many times) So, i have no idea what it could be that needs to be changed. Maybe some other people can chime in and help out. Are you running the latest ver of VCM Suite? I got the 2.1.13.0. I have no idea if thats the latest, but thats the last one i got in my email lol.

gman,
    There is a file structure update in the 2.1.13 beta that you are running. Anyone with 2.1.12 or earlier will not be able to view your file.
    If you want to post it, just uninstall 2.1.13 and then re-install 2.1.12. Read the file from the PCM and post away... Then you can go back to 2.1.13 beta again.

HTH

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Ok, so heres the version from .12

I cant seem to get much of anything right suddenly...

Can anyone find anything with this?? Atleast any tips/advice/things to check for?

Well I can open it now but if I make changes to it, I can't save it to post it back up?

Anyways, quick run down of what I have different.

Engine>TQ>General>ETC Limits

Set ETC TPS Max table to 100 for all cells.
    Set ETC Injector Disable to 255 for all cells.
    Set Power-Hop Inj Disable to 255 for all cells.

Engine>TQ>Abuse>Drivetrain abuse

Set the RPM to a number higher than what you'll ever rev to. EX: 8000rpms
    Set the speed to Zero.

Engine>Fuel Control>Power Enrich

These are what I use and they work for me. Helps kick PE sooner than later.

MAP=0
    Delay RPM=0

Enrichment Rate=4

Last thing I see is that your COT is still enabled. On my truck this would cause it to dump a ton of fuel in at higher rpms to try and help from overheating the CATs. Fine for CATs but bad for performance. I currently have mine disable but I'm leaving it up to you to decide if you want to leave it on or turn it off. Because there is always that chance it could damage your CATs. It doesn't matter on mine because I will be removing them soon anyways.

See if any of that helps.

Another thing that is hurting your off the line performance is the gearing in 4L80. Those have a lower 1st gear ratio than a 4L60 does, so that will account for some performance loss.
    Also, what size tires are you running?

Thank you so much for the reply!

Yeah, you cant save it cuz you dont have a license.

My 06 still hurts off the line too(4L60) but it has 3.23's and a V6, but i still expect more, than just a slow rev. Anyways, the truck in the topic, has 245/75/16's (stock for an 02 1500HD)

Oh, and the stuff that has to do with ETC, i figured that didnt matter, because its one of the physical cable drivin deals, not the electronic thing, so i left it alone. Is that OK?

Would all this be the cause of my timing not advancing, or is that a totally different thing?

Thanks again for the help...im just another idiot trying to learn. lol
    Last edited by gman4dx266; 08-16-2006 at 09:25 PM.

You may be right about the ETC being only used for the Drive by wire setup. I forgot yours was a 02' and I'm surprised that table is even in there?
    So it may not be used at all.

Any chance you can get a log run to post up? Maybe that will show if something is still pulling timing on you.

Anything special i should log? Sorta a noob at logging stuff...I know a few good additional ones would be KR, Advance, and Timing retard. Tell me what all you need, and when i find time to make some runs, ill post up. I do, right now, have a log of my 06 doing the same thing, thats whats attatched to this message. Its a short one> WOT from a dead stop.

EDIT: Also, FWIW, My 06 has ETC things in it too, yet its got the physical link setup too...guess its just 'there' incase it needs to be used....or....something.
    Last edited by gman4dx266; 08-17-2006 at 05:58 PM.

Main reason it's in there is that the PCM supports DBW throttles. I'm actually a bit surprised you have a cable throttle as GM has pretty much done away with cable throttles.

Guess there's a surprise in every box!
    Always Support Our Troops!