Thread: Speed density calculator

Speed density calculator

Anyone else having issues with the SD calculator showing strange values? I tried it once before on an earlier beta version on this same map and it seemed like it worked. I noticed if I change the value of the exh map i can get something that looks normal. Am I missing something?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 12-05-2017 at 05:20 PM.

I'm in the same boat. Can't seem to get it working properly.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

I know they are working on some much needed documentation for the SD stuff and Torque calculators. Hoping it comes soon.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Senior Tuner
    I haven't seen anyone actually post a tune and log that contained an external MAP sensor and other relevant PIDs yet. Showing that the logged load values when put into the calculator comes up with strange values.
    Steven posted a bunch of information on the SD calculator. I'm sure if you presented a real world example that caused the calculator to show these strange values he would be able to explain it or fix any issue in the calculator.

The values entered get modified as the best fit coefficients are found and entered and new load values are calculated. I found smoothing around where you are correcting the difference in load at actual MAP tends to lead to better coefficients, cant get things perfect, but very close.

Always keep in mind it is a curve fit by regression. It will tend to move towards the middle of what you actually log and thats how it should be.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...regression.svg

Whatever they did to the lastest beta seems to have solved this issue?
    Everything is now reporting normal load values.

Senior Tuner
    I knw on the GM stufff which has been mathed out for years the coeff generator in HPTuners is wrong still to this day. its pretty close, but still does some odd stuff that doesnt happen with peoples third party stuff they did the math for themselves
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere