Thread: Engine Speed Limit error? Wheelspin in WOT 1-2?

Engine Speed Limit error during massive wheelspin at launch??

I was launching my SHO at the track today when I revved it to 2500 RPM. Once the light went green, I went WOT and the car launched. However, with the wheelspin and RPM rise, the RPMs hit 3600+ RPM and my Torque Source went into "Engine Speed Limit". My car was then limited to 14-15 mph on the track. I had to shut down the car and re-start it mid flight on the track to finish it up. Could it be the Inferred Movement RPM setting? Stock setting on the SHO is 3000 RPM.

I also encountered a delay during the WOT 1-2 shift. It felt like wheelspin but the datalog showed the RPMs to be fairly stagnant (didn't spike up or drop down) and the throttle plate was wide open. I didn't see any fluctuations in spark or fuel either. I don't think it is transmission slippage because the RPMs didn't spike. I'm thinking either the WOT 1-2 RPM is too high or once it drops into 2nd gear, the torque causes the wheelspin and it bogs for a bit.

Any ideas on the Engine Speed Limit error?
    Last edited by metroplex; 04-12-2017 at 06:12 AM.

Do you have the
    Engine>Torque management> General>Torque check....Tab in your calibration. I'm thinking it could be that if its enabled.

Torque Check was already disabled.

How about under Transmission>Auto shift speed>WOT Shift Map>Max Accel....Try moving these up to 100 mph.

My max acceleration was already set to 50. Not sure if it was under the shift map tab though. Do you know the unit of measure for the max accel?

On my f150 its in mph. It was set to 1.75 on all gears stock, but I maxed them all out to 100 mph.

I believe those tables are only for 15-up. I don't see it on mine. I only have a scalar setting under Trans -> General -> Max Accel (along with Inferred Movement RPM).

No confirmation that Eric's change to their tune solved it, but that setting isn't available on the SHO yet.

I did submit the usual info to HPTuners to have them try and add that parameter. They only added it for some of the Fords (mainly Mustangs and 5.0 F-series)
    Last edited by metroplex; 04-12-2017 at 03:41 AM.

It did it somewhat again this morning. During a proper launch, I got enough wheelspin in 1st gear to hit some kind of limiter (felt like a rev limiter) causing a massive delay in the 1-2 WOT shift.