Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    All of them should be supported.
    ....Awesome thanks

Tuner in Training
    I for one like the new interface. On the scanner, I'm finding it easier to build histograms. I really like the "limit list to the activated PID" feature. I also like that multiple copy feature whereby you can bring entire of pages over to a tune file.

Dumb question, but on the F_body 2002 OS, looks like the integral high and low for the rolling idle air descriptors are reversed? The integral High says this is the air added when idle speed is low, and integral Low says this is the air added when idle speed is high. Again, this is the rolling idle tables under the cracker and follower, not the main integral tables on the RPM page

Commanded gear still broken on 3.0.22. This time a 2009 Silverado 4L60E. It will hold first gear, but as soon as you click second it quits working.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Anybody else noticing way longer flash times? Gen IV ECMs usually took 30 seconds start to finish with 2.24, but with 3.0 they are taking damn near a full minute.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Mine just seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes they're fast, sometimes they're not. Could be my imagination..

3.0 obeys the manufacturer requested timing. 2.24 did not.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Anybody else noticing way longer flash times? Gen IV ECMs usually took 30 seconds start to finish with 2.24, but with 3.0 they are taking damn near a full minute.
    I noticed this too. Not writing the transmission parameters in 3.0 and it still takes just as long as doing the whole thing in 2.24

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I've had an E38 and E40 fail to write and both times pulling power and hooking them back up and doing a full write got them going again. Not sure if your situation is worse or not, but that is what worked for me.
    I was able to revisit this. I disconnected the battery for a good 20 minuted or so. I was then able to reestablish connection and write the calibration only. Quite a relief.
    Thanks!
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    I was able to revisit this. I disconnected the battery for a good 20 minuted or so. I was then able to reestablish connection and write the calibration only. Quite a relief.
    Thanks!
    Good deal! I actually had it happen again a few days ago. The gauges and all would not come back on but somehow HPT finally connected and finished writing the tune anyways. It was fine after that. In my case I think the battery voltage was too low.. I flashed on a cold cold morning (20*F) on a car that hadn't been started in over a week so that probably wasn't the brightest idea

Potential Tuner
    I cant seem to find injector duty cycle in either scanner or editor on 3.0. any help? thanks

Has there been any advance on getting the histograms to read on more than one line when logging spark retard and spark advance whilst plotting rpm vrs cylinder air mass (g). This software is costing me a lot of productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I cant seem to find injector duty cycle in either scanner or editor on 3.0. any help? thanks
    In the Scanner....Tools>Math Parameters>Maths - Predefined>Fuel Flow. They don't get populated into the Channel table anymore, only in the chart and graph as required.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MADWHIP View Post
    Has there been any advance on getting the histograms to read on more than one line when logging spark retard and spark advance whilst plotting rpm vrs cylinder air mass (g). This software is costing me a lot of productivity.
    They have always worked for me. Sounds like you have a configuration issue. The graphs don't usually work by default like 2.24 somtimes did. You'll likely need to massage the config file to work in your application.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    In the Scanner....Tools>Math Parameters>Maths - Predefined>Fuel Flow. They don't get populated into the Channel table anymore, only in the chart and graph as required.

Ed M
    do you have to be logging pulse width for duty cycle math to work? i haven't tried anything yet on GM stuff with 3.0, my junks on jack stands....

No "advance" is needed. This has worked just fine for months. You might have to setup a histogram instead of using a built in / included one that comes setup for you, but that is simple enough to do. And it's a whole heck of a lot faster to do compared to 2.24

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    do you have to be logging pulse width for duty cycle math to work? i haven't tried anything yet on GM stuff with 3.0, my junks on jack stands....
    Yes you need inj PW and engine RPM for it to work
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    For whatever reason, the default config is now RPM vs. MAP instead of RPM vs. airmass for the histograms (or whatever they're called now). So after changing the axis PID/sensor to airmass, you then have to go into the tune file and copy the spark axis labels for the airmass and paste them into the histogram unit values field in the histogram setup...

Not sure why they were changed from airmass to MAP - maybe newer cars are setup that way for their spark advance tables?

There are multiple defaults built in, under the Layouts menu.

Tuner in Training
    I am still having issues with the latest version (tested tonight) reading alcohol %. It appears it is now called ethanol % but it is grey and goes away when you start scanning. I had no issues with the latest version and have to keep switching back and forth between versions now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblake View Post
    I am still having issues with the latest version (tested tonight) reading alcohol %. It appears it is now called ethanol % but it is grey and goes away when you start scanning. I had no issues with the latest version and have to keep switching back and forth between versions now.
    What version of 3.0 are you using?

Have you tried repolling for supported parmaeters (under the Vehicle menu)?

Tuner
    Davids3.0.Layout.Layout.xmlDavids3.0.Layout.Layout.xmlafr error custom.MathParameter.xml16-02-14 21-26-11.hpl

I tried to upload the log and layout from my 3.0 I am having a hard time getting the correct AFR %error. It does not reflect what the WB and Command AFR are.
    Also no matter what I do with the graph layout, I cannot get it to populate the %AFR, I just downloaded the most recent update last night. .22 I believe.
    this is becoming very frustrating, Hope someone can see were I configured it incorrectly. I tried all kinds of changes to the graphs with no avail.