Thread: VE Multiplier based on IAT?

VE Multiplier based on IAT?

I would like to see a VE table multiplier that can change the VE table with different IAT's. We could then run open loop all the time and could command leaner AFR's at low MAP's etc that would be correct for different weather changes.
    I have heard about a similar type of table in one of efilives new operating systems which sounds pretty good. Would like to see something similar for us HPT users (possibly an updated 1 bar sd enhanced OS maybe?)
    Cheers
    Benno

Quote Originally Posted by benno25
    I would like to see a VE table multiplier that can change the VE table with different IAT's. We could then run open loop all the time and could command leaner AFR's at low MAP's etc that would be correct for different weather changes.
    I have heard about a similar type of table in one of efilives new operating systems which sounds pretty good. Would like to see something similar for us HPT users (possibly an updated 1 bar sd enhanced OS maybe?)
    Cheers
    Benno
    shouldnt be necessary....I have been in open loop for over a year..all seasons all temperatures..with less than 2% variance everytime I have checked it....and most cells are still within 1% of being dead on..
    IAT is already in the fueling calculation...
    it is more likely the MAF table/VE combo causing errors..especially if its not dead on..
    also sometime the complex cylinder bias gets in the way..
    I have mine set to be all IAT and have no problems..
    -Scott -

Tuner

IAT based VE multipier table

I have found an IAT-based VE table mutliplier would be of benefit to me here in Oz with mafless tuning. I believe we have summer and winter fuel and my LTFT's move to a leaner state in the hot parts of summer. I too, would like to see it as a feature for tuning.

Brian

Tuner

SD tuning VE table Modifier

I am seeing IAT's up to 85 degrees Celsius on some cars on hot days here. Any chance of getting a VE modifier for us "Brazilians"?

ive talked to chris about this and they will work on it once all this new stuff is setup. you are right though, i think the computer over corrects things, my car and my friends, both with cams both go lean when its hot out and rich whenits cold
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    Thank's ws6firebirdta00

Tuner

IAT multiplier for VE

Can someone tell me if this is still on the to do list or is it done for the 1 bar SD option?

There is a LOT on the to do list, it will be a while
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    People were wanting OL tables for v6s... this could satisfy that need!

This would be a mandatory requirement for v6s! In different weather my LTFTs will radically change. Of course I have the MAF unplugged so that the maf wont skew my readings. So I am currently running off only the 1 and Only VE table. Which I'm perfectly contempt with.

So I dont have to develop a "library of bins/tunes" for every 5* - 10*F change in weather! God knows I have enough bins/tunes!!

But if I could request anything in the world of tuning and get it, it would BE THIS TABLE!!! pleeeaaaassseeee

Cold weather(dense) makes me lean
    Hot weather(less air) makes me rich

Thats odd, my car does the opposite (based on iat over correction)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by slow6
    People were wanting OL tables for v6s... this could satisfy that need!

This would be a mandatory requirement for v6s! In different weather my LTFTs will radically change. Of course I have the MAF unplugged so that the maf wont skew my readings. So I am currently running off only the 1 and Only VE table. Which I'm perfectly contempt with.

So I dont have to develop a "library of bins/tunes" for every 5* - 10*F change in weather! God knows I have enough bins/tunes!!

But if I could request anything in the world of tuning and get it, it would BE THIS TABLE!!! pleeeaaaassseeee

Cold weather(dense) makes me lean
    Hot weather(less air) makes me rich

yea it would be nice for the 3.8l fbody guys to not have to have a boatload of bins just for a few degree change in weather.