Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VE_ Bluecat tool

Tuner in Training

VE_ Bluecat tool

Hi all

i tried the latest bluecat tool 4.0 and i generate a ls3 VE table which is very high like (400.600......) 4 digit numbers and above in each cell ?
    what im doing wrong here .

Tuner in Training
    That's the GMVE value. Click the check box above the table to get %VE values.

Tuner in Training
    I get a very strange 3d map is it ok

Quote Originally Posted by NNBS View Post
    I get a very strange 3d map is it ok
    What means "very strange"? Share with us

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

The LS3 table that it generates is odd for boosted applications. It makes no sense above 100kPa but the LS3 factory virtual VE tables don't account for boost.

I tried an LSA tune Virtual VE for the source and it looks more realistic as a starting point.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Senior Tuner
    That is definitely NOT OK...not sure what's going on though. Post the HPT file.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    STOCK FTR GARAGE.hpt loool this my hpt file sorry for the delay

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is a bluecat tool and how does it work.

Quote Originally Posted by will15 View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is a bluecat tool and how does it work.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t-VE-Version-4

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Quote Originally Posted by NNBS View Post
    STOCK FTR GARAGE.hpt loool this my hpt file sorry for the delay
    You didn't import the data properly. Here is what your VVE table should look like.

vve.png

Tuner in Training
    Caesar how did you import it can u tell me the steps ,for me open hp tuners increase the digits and follow steps to copy maps from bluecat tool ,what's your way.

Senior Tuner
    Try this instead...sometimes the right click "copy table" crashes HPTuners on my PC...seems to be problematic, and might be why your data is a mess.

Open the BC VE tool. Press the "Equations" button. Open each table individually in HPTuners and expand the resolution all the way out. In the Zone RPM and Zone MAP tables...highlight the entire table, in every other table, highlight the entire first row only. Right click and pick "Copy". Go to BC VE tool right click first cell for each table, right click and pick "Paste".

Compare the data, make sure it matches (note, BC VE shows you less numbers after the decimal than HPT does). When I do that, your table looks perfectly normal, and exactly the same as what caesar posted.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

I cant seem to find a set of directions to use the tool. I also cant get the samples to open. I was going to try to figure it out from a sample but I keep getting an error and it opens blank.
    Im sure I need to get a starting point somehow then log specific histograms to make changes but where do I start?
    Sorry for the hijack NNBS

Quote Originally Posted by 383 View Post
    I cant seem to find a set of directions to use the tool. I also cant get the samples to open. I was going to try to figure it out from a sample but I keep getting an error and it opens blank.
    Im sure I need to get a starting point somehow then log specific histograms to make changes but where do I start?
    Sorry for the hijack NNBS
    Try this one I generated...

Quick tutorial on BlueCat.doc

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    thanks a lot guys

Thanks!
    Do I have to use the stock LS2 table format (supercharged) or will the coefficients work on my ECU when I use the LS2 2.5 bar table in BC? Do I need to change my zone breakpoints? I plan on doing a MAP/MAF blend at about 3500
    Sorry if that sounds dumb Im trying to figure this out for the first time. I had planed to upgrade to the 2.5bar OS in HP tuners, but when I asked 2 different stealerships if they could update my ECU's software no one had a clue what to do... So Blue-Cat tool it is
    Thanks again for everyone's help

I still cant open the samples to get a starting point. Im getting this error
    Unhandled exception
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\EQ_VE_4\Samples\Table_Dim. BDT'.
    File name: 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\EQ_VE_4\Samples\Table_Dim. BDT'
    What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by 383 View Post
    I still cant open the samples to get a starting point. Im getting this error
    Unhandled exception
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\EQ_VE_4\Samples\Table_Dim. BDT'.
    File name: 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\EQ_VE_4\Samples\Table_Dim. BDT'
    What am I doing wrong?
    You may be making the same mistake I did at first: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post339532
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

cleverly hidden in plain sight. Thanks for that