Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is my Kenne bell Vette so slow

Tuner in Training

Why is my Kenne bell Vette so slow

Well here is is scan of my KB Corvette. What the heck. Can anyone help

Broke and frustrated BrianAttachment 16968

Well, I don't see where you ever went full throttle in the scan. You didn't log much information. You have no wideband reading so I can't tell where your fuel is at. Have you asked Jeff at TPE???
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

You need to post more information in posts like this unless you want it deleted.

Mods? Tune? What is wrong with it? How much power did it make? Dyno? Track times?
    So many questions here.

You timing is very low at high load, you are not entering PE, so I assume it is slow because there is a crap tune in the car
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training

Vette Slow

Here are the mods . 2002 vette forged 346 ls1 10 to 1 compression with KB 2.6 with 7.5 lbs of boost. 90 mm TB with 60 lbs injectors. Cam 230/234 116+2 588/588. TPS header high flow cats with titaniums. 3.73 gears with 3600 Vigilante stall. Just got the car together and it seems worse than stock on power just looking for a starting point. No wide band yet. Here is my tune as it standsAttachment 16969

That is a config, not tune.

10:1 CR, 7.5 lbs of boost, and that cam? I would think it would be tough to get it to like 93 octane (is that what you are running?).
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training

Tune

Attachment 16970 is that helpful?

Tuner in Training

Yelp

That should be okay accorrding to Jeff Goos

That file is tuner locked bud.
    You need to work on your throttle body and get it to open to 100% It could be your gas pedal has something under it like a floor mat, could be the adapter harness, but until you get that fixed, you can't move forward. You can scan the car without the engine running while monitoring the throttle%.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

You need a wideband and a base that gets you into known-safe territory before you pull on that.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Senior Tuner
    Tuner locked?...Figures...Think we all know why now. I would rather an honest professional tuner see my mistakes and correct me than leave it to hiding bs I charged a customer for. Anyhow this thead went no where. Lol
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Tuner in Training

Slow Vette

So I unlocked the tune my mistake (when I POSTED IT)and took some advice on TPS. It runs pretty strong and traction is now an issue. This is what I got so far.
    Last edited by brian vette; 03-20-2009 at 11:58 PM.

Tuner in Training

locked tune

Let me try again. Sorry Guys Here is the tune and test run

Attachment 17001

Attachment 17002

Looks much better. No knock, but I am thinking you'll find that you're lean at WOT when you get the wideband installed.

Advanced Tuner
    Wow, dude 167 degree IAT temps a WOT? Is that for real? Am I the only other one that saw this?
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Not unreasonable for a Kenne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    Not unreasonable for cruise IATs with a Kenne Bell
    ...fixed it for ya
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    Not unreasonable for a Kenne Bell
    Dude my F1R on a 80 degree day would only show a IAT temp of 90 degrees at the end of a quarter mile run. 167 degrees for a quick blast is totally non-acceptable-this thing needs some meth or it's going to need to run on C16 anytime you decide to go WOT.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Tuner in Training

Iat

Tell me now that I need to install meth???? The real queen of high mantainence????? What the ?????

To the original poster; I am really at a loss to the tuning approach...
    You are using a 1-bar SD OS, which CANNOT 'see' boost rather than a 2-bar setup. Your MAF is not failed properly, though there is little point in having it since it will reach the end of the table anyway. The tune (hope you just 'got it' that way, not trying to step on toes) looks like one of those hack/dyno tunes that means nothing in the real world (on the street/track). You are commanding like bottom 10s in the PE table but getting nowhere close. Looks like there was cheating/lying in the IFR table rather than real airflow tuning, which means that you basically have to lie everywhere down the line since most tables are based around it. Your main spark tables.... I don't even know what to say about them, but I suppose I should mention that the LO table is OEM. The high octane table has to be seen. The car is VISIBLY lean to the narrow bands at WOT. I mentioned waiting until you get a wideband to verify AFR, that's a lot of money to chew up because you want to do it now. I'm not preaching, have just seen it play out like this many times before.

I'd scrap that file and start over again with 2-bar file and tune it from there. Throw the MAF in the woods
    Last edited by Frost; 03-23-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by vortech View Post
    Dude my F1R on a 80 degree day would only show a IAT temp of 90 degrees at the end of a quarter mile run. 167 degrees for a quick blast is totally non-acceptable-this thing needs some meth or it's going to need to run on C16 anytime you decide to go WOT.
    I'm not saying they're not high. Just not high for a Kenne Bell. I have the same IAT performance results that you have on my Vortech YSi. One of many reasons I would never own a KB. He's already got it, so might as well try to get it running properly.

On another note, it's funny your name is Vortech and you're talking about your Procharger.