Thread: MAP Sensor Swap

MAP Sensor Swap

Morning guys, to swap the MAP sensor on a 02 Corvette LS1, do you have to pull the intake to get to the sensor? I understand it is in the rear. Swapping to a 2BAR setup. Car is not with me or I could look.

THanks in advance!

tt
    Last edited by gr8vet; 11-28-2008 at 09:15 AM.

It is easier to pull the intake but it can definitely be done in-car if you don't have giant gorilla hands. A helper with a long flat blade screwdriver is a nice addition as well.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Make sure you get the right MAP sensor. I was sold the wrong one (for a 1999 Vette) by Summit.

See attached. The bottom photo is what Summit sold me. There are various threads on this. The 2 BAR that fits the Vette (top photo) comes from a soltice(?) - can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Reucroft View Post
    Make sure you get the right MAP sensor. I was sold the wrong one (for a 1999 Vette) by Summit.

See attached. The bottom photo is what Summit sold me. There are various threads on this. The 2 BAR that fits the Vette (top photo) comes from a soltice(?) - can't remember.
    Thanks for the heads up. Yea, I am almost thinking that the parts guy told me this fits a Soltice or Cobalt, I managed to get the right one. I love Summit for my C3's, but I try, if possible, to stick with ACDelco on my C5 and C6 stuff.

Thanks again!
    tt