Whenever you use credits to activate a license, this is the form
you will see.
You must use caution when activating licenses.
When opening a file, the rules are:
- You can open and view any file supported by HP Tuners
regardless of the licenses you have.
- A license is required to save any changes to that file.
When reading a vehicle, the rules are:
- You can read any vehicle supported by HP Tuners regardless of
the licenses you have.
When writing to a vehicle, the rules are:
The above rules may sound like a lot just to write a vehicle,
however its really not the case.
- You must have a license for the file you are trying to write to
- If you are writing a file that has a VCM Enhancement applied,
you must also have a license for the VCM Enhancement you are
writing to the vehicle.
- You must also have a license for the vehicle you are trying to
When working with your own vehicle, you will almost always read the
After the read, you will be prompted to license the vehicles
Now you have a license for your vehicle and all files you read from
Now that your vehicle is licensed you can flash it an unlimited
number of times.
If you apply a VCM Enhancement to the file, you will have to
license the VCM Enhancement the next time you program the vehicle
as you will already have a license for the base vehicle file and
the vehicle itself.
Take caution when:
The above examples are extreme tests of our licensing rules.
- If you download a file from the internet and try to write it
into your vehicle,
when you try to write the vehicle you will be prompted to license
the file first.
After you license the file, if you have not licensed your own
vehicle yet, you will yet again be prompted to license your vehicle
using additional credits.
- If you purchase a spare VCM for your vehicle and wish to write
your file into it,
you will still need to license the spare VCM when you try to write
If the spare VCM is of the same year/model type as a year/model or
vehicle group license which you already have, you will not be
prompted to license the VCM as you will already have licensed
support for that VCM.
- Single Vehicle License - License the vehicles VCM that you are
- Year/Model License - License to an unlimited number of vehicles
of the same year/model as the vehicle are connected to.
- Unlimited Vehicle Group - License the vehicle group of the
vehicle type you are connected to.
Not all vehicles support an unlimited vehicle group license.
Vehicles that do not support one will not show this third option.
For vehicles that do support this option, you can see the entire
list of vehicles that fall under this category on our orders
Single Vehicle License Comment:
When using a single vehicle license, you can enter in a brief
The comment length you can enter will vary depending on the type of
vehicle you are working with.
Don't worry, the window will prevent you from entering in too much
You can view the comments in action here.
Comments could be:
- Customers Name
- License Plate Number
- Car Color
- License Activation Date
- Winning Lotto Numbers