Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's the next step?

Tuner in Training

what's the next step?

Ok I got my VE table good now but I'm confused on what to do next. Do I move on to wot tuning or maf tuning? If the maf is next can someone explain step by step how to do it? Do I put the maf setting back to stock? Do I also reset my low octane table to stock?
    2000 Trans Am A4 with 3.42 gears SLP(lid, cold air, 85mm mass air flow sensor, LS6 intake), MSD wires, long tube headers, off road y pipe with o2 sims, 3 inch full exhaust with a flowmaster and stock tips.

If you have the VE table in good shape, just turn the MAF back on (stock frequency in Engine Diagnostics.MAF Fail Freq.) and re set the P0103 code back to MIL on 2nd error & check SES light box.

In your table view you need to be logging MAF in Hz , Commanded AFR (Hi Res) or you won't know where you are at on the MAF Airflow vs Output Frequency.
    Attachment 282

Attachment 284
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    EC TUNE I configured it just like the one above but it wont show it. Do I need to be plugged into the car so it will show the histogram?
    2000 Trans Am A4 with 3.42 gears SLP(lid, cold air, 85mm mass air flow sensor, LS6 intake), MSD wires, long tube headers, off road y pipe with o2 sims, 3 inch full exhaust with a flowmaster and stock tips.

Are you logging the "Mass Air Flow" Hz on the table view?
    You will have to log new data as the MAF in Hz was probably not logged in your previous configuration.

EC

Tuner in Training
    Ok I hadn't added it maf in Hz, but now its on and it works. Thanks alot. Now as far as logging should I start logginf right away or let the car warm up? How long should I drive for? In the editor do I adjust MAF calibration airflow vs frequency only or is there anything else I should adjust? And how do I adjust it?

Tuner in Training
    Also do you just copy and paste special multiply by %?

Tuner in Training
    EC Tune - good info, thanks for sharing. I had been struggling with how to connect the current LTFT / MAF frequency cells. This solved my problem and saved a few brain cells for certain death.
    2002 Z06 LG Long Tubes, Spec 3+, HPTuners
    1988 TransAm GTA - LS1 conversion, custom CAI, exhaust, LS6 Intake, Fuddle 3400, HPTuners

Tuner
    yes indeed,...EC_Tune is the man.
    2003 Silverado SS -6.0L - 4L65e - AWD
    2008 GMC Sierra CCSB - All stock
    2011 Chevy Traverse

You want to start logging data when you are fully up to temperature. You can log from a cold start, just save that data for "cold start" issues.
    Or you can set up a filter in your histogram to ignore data where commanded AFR is not ~14.6.

Also watch your status bit words for Fuel Trim Enable. This will toggle off as you go into PE & DFCO. Or if you are in Closed Loop but the o2 sensors are not "ready"

EC

Advanced Tuner
    Very nice... Big thanks to EC_Tune
    Black Pontiac Trans Am WS.7- Runs on E85

And soon to be powered by Twin Turbos.

How to run your LS1 on E85

Tuner
    What is the stock MAF fail freq? On my stock tune it says 14000, but on the tune I had doen before I got HPT it says 14997. Why would these be different? Why would the tooner change this? SHould I go back to 14000?
    '00 Corvette FRC

HPTuners, AEM WB, PP&C Stg 3 Heads, PRC Gold, G5X3 114, LS6 Intake, Trick Flow 7.4 PRs, SVO 30#, LS2 Chain, 160* Stat, BPP Vortex Rammer, Dynatech Supermaxx L/Ts, B&B Bullets, Magnecor, NGK, B&M 45044, R-D Racing Cross Bar, Z06 Clutch Assembly, DRM Brake Ducts, Goodridge SS Lines, Speedbleeders. . . .Black Z06 Motorsports

Tuner in Training
    So after you log this info into the histogram, what do you do? I know you adjust it in the MAF Airflow vs. Output Freq table, but you adjust it by what?

TSDuke-
    Usually stock MAF fail rate is 14000 on earlier LS1's (98-2000 roughly) and 13500 from 2001 up. If you're not supercharged you won't hit the top end anyway.

firechicken 98-
    After you log data, then copy & paste it onto the MAF table using special Multiply.

EC

Advanced Tuner
    I just calibrated my LS6 maf using the maf-ltft without any problems... thanks again.
    Black Pontiac Trans Am WS.7- Runs on E85

And soon to be powered by Twin Turbos.

How to run your LS1 on E85

Glad to help.

EC

Tuner in Training
    after i dialed in my Ltrims i set my MAF frequency back to 13500. after that my Ltrims start to read way postive again. i am trying to dial in the maf using this histogram but it is telling me:

"This Histogram is not supported with the current loaded parameters.

If this Histogram references Tables, it is possible that the vehicle
    you are connected to does not support these Tables. It is also possible
    that the sensor required for the Table is not found in the loaded
    parameters.

If this Histogram references Sensors, it is possible that the sensor
    required is not found in the loaded parameters.

If this Histogram references PIDs, it is possible that the PID required
    is not found in the loaded parameters.

You will find all of your loaded parameters located on your Table Display.
    To add more parameters, right click the table display and click insert.

For example, if you have a histogram built that maps Timing Advance
    and you do not have Timing Advance inserted on your Table Display,
    the Histogram will not function."

please help me out.

Tuner
    In the table view of your scanner, right click, then "insert"

click "engine" "airflow" then insert "MAF Hz"

I also inserted Dynamic airflow.
    2002 Trans Am 6sp, Hurst shifter, short stick,
    !skip shift, SLP lid, Holley filter, Dynomax Ultraflow muffler, Jet Hot long tubes and cats, FRA, HP tuners, Hotchkis STB and LCAs. TEA stage 1.5 5.3 heads, Comp 220/224 114 +2, UMI Boxed SFCs

Tuner in Training
    after i do this then i will be able to use this hitogram to tune my maf?

Yep, good to go.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Holty
    yes indeed,...EC_Tune is the man.
    I agree, his posts have helped me tremendously. It is very much appreciated!
    1998 Z28 Red/Gray HT, A4, 3.23
    |Pacesetter, Hooker ORYP, Aerochamber|TSP Cam, PRC dual valve spring kit, LS2 timing chain|LS6 oil pump,|SLP Air Lid, P&P TB, FRA, TBB|Fuddle 3400 2.1, B&M cooler|GM iridium plugs, Taylor 8 mm|AMW catch can|J&M PHB & LCA's|HPTuners 2.1|HP House & Dyno Shop