Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

Good, I tune a lot of Chryslers and I could supply you with several reads.-j

Advanced Tuner
    Any support for my 07 mini van?

Got my Jeep tuned and the wifes cop car (both GM based)...Gotta do the mini van, too!

Advanced Tuner
    I am looking forward to the Dodge release, I get asked to tune those all of the time. It will be nice to have 1 software suite that can tune the whole American Market.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    Any support for my 07 mini van?

Got my Jeep tuned and the wifes cop car (both GM based)...Gotta do the mini van, too!
    07 Minivans are NGC4 from the information I have so not right off the bat.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I have searched the internet and the boards. What PCM platform is the Caliber SRT4's???

Quote Originally Posted by Floaten621 View Post
    I have searched the internet and the boards. What PCM platform is the Caliber SRT4's???
    They use a new Siemens controller.... different from any the NGC controllers
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=20057&page=2
    Tyler

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the link. If you are still in need of a PCM please let me know. I have a spare sitting in the garage. Keep up the good work and keep us updated. Thanks

Well, let me restate my previous position. Basic tuning is straight forward ENOUGH to get the job done. There are table that don't work well. All the boosted stuf I have done has been a kit with an acceptable base tune to build from.

Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    I have to disagree with you on tuning these NGC vehicles. Certain tuning areas are straight forward, but tuning for boost and DBW stuff is not. I continue to see cars come through our shop, that have been previously tuned by others, with what I consider major drivability and tuning issues. I will agree that the wot tuning is fairly straight forward, but there seems to be a lack of understanding about the DBW and open/closed loop (the two are related) areas of the calibration. I've talked with several tuners that tune these cars regularly, and most tend to agree with what I'm saying. With GM and Ford, if you look in the right places, there is generally a very good understanding of how things work, and places to get training and documentation. I'm specifically talking about how various calibration areas and parameters work together. With NGC it seems that people are still trying to figure things out, mostly by trial and error. Sure some of the more basic tuning tasks are understood, such as VE and spark, but when it comes to DBW and open loop fueling, especially with cars with more radical builds, I feel there is still a lot to be understood and documented. Can I tune a car to run reasonably well, to the point that the customer finds it acceptable?, Usually yes. Do I (or anyone else for that matter) always have a clear understanding of what's happening in the DBW , open/closed loop, and TM areas?I can unashamedly say no, and am very skeptical of anyone who says otherwise. Hopefully, HP Tuners will be able to help us better understand and calibrate these controllers.

- Chris

Advanced Tuner
    2003 ram 1500 w/ 4.7L v8? supported with beta? or is that the 2nd release?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If its NGC3 it'll probably be supported in beta shortly, if not then it'll be a while.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    howd o you know what pcm it has?

Quote Originally Posted by g5 gxp View Post
    howd o you know what pcm it has?
    It's most likely a NGC3 controller. An easy way to find out if it's the older JTEC or a NGC3, is to count the Connectors on the PCM. If there are 3, it's a JTEC. If there are 4, it's a NGC3.

- Mat
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

Advanced Tuner
    reason im askin is cuz i might pick up a 03 laramie 1500 and i was curious about tuning

Tuner
    Just to clarify, all NGC controllers have the same four connector header on them, some don't have the fourth connector populated with pins (if it is a manual transmission vehicle or a LX that uses the NAG transmission, etc). JTEC controllers all have the three connector header as mentioned previously. A 2003 RAM will have a NGC2 controller, which is unique to that year only. Those trucks used all four connectors , manual or automatic, but have a external transmission controller, as the architecture could not support engine, trans, and DBW. The next year they went to NGC3. You may want to avoid 2003 RAM trucks as they are known to be a problem as the DBW stuff is in a separate calibration area, and cannot be tuned via SCT or Diablo. I doubt that HP Tuners will go to the trouble to support these as well, but you never know.

- Chris

Advanced Tuner
    thanks for the heads up

Potential Tuner
    My 2010 Grand Cherokee SRT8 is begging to ditch pedator for a real tune. Please say its is close.

Hopefully there's something by winter time or early 2011. Have 3 customers that can't get a good tune on their boosted Hemi's using Diablosport. All three, different years and motors but all boosted, shut down at roughly 98mph while going WOT. Unfortunately in the quarter they ran faster all motor than boosted/stroked because the tuning is no bueno. Anyways, hopefully something soon
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    Hopefully there's something by winter time or early 2011. Have 3 customers that can't get a good tune on their boosted Hemi's using Diablosport. All three, different years and motors but all boosted, shut down at roughly 98mph while going WOT. Unfortunately in the quarter they ran faster all motor than boosted/stroked because the tuning is no bueno. Anyways, hopefully something soon
    They must not be using a very good tuner, then. I have yet to experience these issues on boosted Hemi's using said software.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    They must not be using a very good tuner, then. I have yet to experience these issues on boosted Hemi's using said software.
    Well, that's mainly the issue as each of them has taken it to the two "hemi" people here in Houston. I'd love to be able to tune them either way
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    shut down at roughly 98mph while going WOT.
    This may be a dumb question but did you remove the speed limiter?
    2000 Chevy Silverado 2500HD ECLB w/6.0 , 4L80E auto, 4.10 G80, K&N, Nelson Dyno Tune, STS Turbo, 02 PCM, IC, 44lb injectors,walbro 255lph, 05 E-Fans, and 160* t
    2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4 , 4.7 HO Needing HPTuner