Thread: Credits question

Credits question

If I purchased 3 sets of credits, individually and tuned the same year F-Bodies, does that unlock the unlimited year/model liscencing for that year or do I still have to purchase the required 6 credits seperately?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by PerformanceTurbo
    If I purchased 3 sets of credits, individually and tuned the same year F-Bodies, does that unlock the unlimited year/model liscencing for that year or do I still have to purchase the required 6 credits seperately?
    This visual explains it pretty well how upgrade credits work in that situation.

Basically if your doing single vcm licenses it will ask you if you'd like to upgrade to the year/model license everytime you come to the license screen, showing you the options you have available. You get 75% of your credits paid foward towards a year model. So in the case above the person has already done 2 single vcm & now wants to upgrade to the year model and will only cost him 3 credits to do so in this instance.

This works great for shops just starting out in an area that doesn't know how quickly their business will grow as well as established shops that come across vehicles that he might rarely work on. He can start out with just single vcm's & then if he notices he's doing more & more he can easily upgrade to the year/model or tunershop license without throwing good money at bad as I like to say.

-Bill
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-18-2007 at 02:26 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Ok, I think I understand how it works. So, it doesnt matter that I have 3 liscences in the same year model, I still have to buy 3 more credits to unlock the unlimited year/model liscence?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by PerformanceTurbo
    Ok, I think I understand how it works. So, it doesnt matter that I have 3 liscences in the same year model, I still have to buy 3 more credits to unlock the unlimited year/model liscence?
    No, simply go to your License info page as shown here

to see how many credits required to upgrade you need.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Ok, that screen helps explain it..
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    the license model is pretty flexible... basically if you think you're going to be tuning alot of that year (>=3 vehicles) then it's best to purchase the unlocked for 6 right away, but if you only think you'll be doing 1 of the year... then you can do the 2 credits each time... and if you get to where you tune more, there's only a nominal fee to upgrade to the unlimited (so it's cheaper to start the unlimited route, but won't kill the wallet down the line since you can apply 75% of your vin locked towards the unlimited)
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned