Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electronic throttle fault P2135 code

Nope tunerlocked.
    Always Support Our Troops!

What about about the tune in the first post, can you open that one? if not i'll have a look and make sure i'm unlocking properly before saving it.
    LS2 Alloy Block 402 - VORTECH V7 Gilmer driven 15 psi 937.3 rwhp street driven.

Here's two things I saw:
    These don't match your RPM limits but you're not getting there anyway. This one is more of an FYI than a problem.
    Attachment 7649

Do you have a MAF on the car or is this a factory SD car? I don't know the Holdens as well as the rest of the GM lineup.

If you do have a MAF, it's enabled and this table needs to be changed as well.
    Attachment 7648

I purchased a new electronic throttle body (damn expensive at $1100), removed the TPS and the motor, swapped it to my 90mm T/body and ran it all weekend with no problems, I'm not getting too excited and i'll see how it goes, but it's nice to be able to thrash it and have some fun without it cutting out on me.

The car is not factory SD, I have disabled the maf and wired in IAT sensor.

While running the car with the wide band on the weekend i fine tuned the VE for cruise and was trying to set the PE up for 12.2 in the mid range and 12.5 from 5200rpm on, the numbers I have set in PE are for these afr's but the VE table seems to be very low and I'm still getting 11.2 - 11.5 in the top end, are there any tricks for this, most of the cam only tunes i have done have up to 100 - 115 in the top end in the VE table, this blower tune is only around the 80's with 42lb injectors.
    I unlocked the tune and saved it so I hope that works and I've attatched the last log that I did.

If tuning in SD should I adjust the maf table also to get my afr's in line or will this not change anything for the fuelling if not using a Maf. Ignore the knock you will see in the log file, if i keep pulling timing i get the same amount of knock so i'm pretty sure it's false knock.

Also i get a little stumble and the revs drop when pulling up quickly, but when slowing down slowly and clutching in the revs hold at 1500rpm until i come to a stop.

Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Dave
    Last edited by NOS500; 08-05-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Glad you <crosses fingers> found your throttle problem so far.

Need to up your running airflow. I'm seeing +1 to +2 g/sec on the STIT at the lower ECT temps. Fairly close at normal operating temps.

I'm not exactly sure how you are running 2 bar with MAF but if it works, it works. I would definitely turn it off until you are done with VE tuning though.

Your IFR looks a little wierd. The values from the spreadsheet should be pretty accurate though. I have found that the offset table needs to be increased a bit for the Green Top 42's as well to get proper fueling.

No not running Maf & 2 Bar, just 2 Bar SD.
    I'll increase the running air flow and see how that goes, should i just scale the IFR down in the top end where i'm over fuelling?

Thanks for the tips

Dave

Reason I said MAF was because the MAF Fail frequency is at it's stock value. Hmm guess this custom O/S disables the MAF "out of the box"?

I'll change the Maf fail to 13500 and see if that changes anything, didn't think of setting it to max because i was in SD but who knows what it will do.

Thanks

Usually you set it to 0 to fail the MAF. Guess MAF is really disabled in this O/S... Chris could verify it though.

Senior Tuner
    Did this problem ever come back?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere