Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ve tuning

Tuner

Re: Ve tuning

I guess this mafless tuning is only for N/A engines.
    I have a s/c and it will not run when I unplug the maf.
    About 1 min. at idle and she dies.

Any ideas?

My cable has been plugged in almost 24/7 since June with no problems. The only time my scan will get interupted is if it is not the main program running.
    I have to run my wideband as the second.

Hey Tom,

I'm gonna take a stab at it, with hopes that being wrong will help me figure out where my current understanding is off.

Isn't there a way to reverse calculate MAF using MAP, IAT, RPM, and VE? I remember reading a formula somewhere to do this.

It would be interesting to compare what your MAF is reporting as airflow vs. what the calculation is. That might help shed some light on why the SC is demanding the MAF.

Maybe the VE table is far enough off that speed density is being calculated wrong, but when the MAF is plugged in it overrides the SD calc?

EDIT: It also would be interesting to see a log of the car from before when you unplug the MAF until it actually dies.

John.
    2001 QS/Black Z06, Borla Stingers, Vararam, Longtube headers, HPTuners

Tuner

I've done a lot of scaling of the maf table to bring my LTs in the -1.80 range and also hit the throttle follower in gear for all the extra air caused by the S/C when letting off on the pedal. It would shoot my LTs up to 25+.
    I also have a pretty nasty cam for a s/c.

When I said 24/7 this is what I mean, I'm a logging fool.

Advanced Tuner

FYI guys: If you tune without the MAF hooked up, and then eliminate the MAF in the intake, you will need to work on your VE table again because it will throw the results off.
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by screamn03

If you make changes to the VE table with the MAF still plugged in it won't make a difference in the average LTFTs but it will affect idle, low speed, and throttle response to a certain degree. If you unplug the MAF then the VE table will make changes to the LTFTs and you adjust the VE table by the LTFTs that are logged in the histogram, adding to the VE table where the LTFTs are postive and subtracting where they are negative.
    I am in the process of changing my VE tables and would like to check the above post.....

Are you saying I need to log the LTFT with the Maf disconected then change my VE table, up load and then reconect the Maf???
    www.hsvdriversclub.co.uk