Thread: 02 readings on 2006 GTO

Tuner in Training

02 readings on 2006 GTO

Hey,

Ive been having alot of problems getting rid of knock retard on my stock gto.
    Not sure if this is part of my problem or not.

My 02 readings, B1S1 and B2S1 constantly go up and down , reminds me of somebody on heart support machine.
    My STFTs seem to follow the same up and down as the 02's.

Is this normal on a LS2 gto ?

I dont have a file to show you cuz its on my laptop and its not hooked up to the net right now.

Does anybody know what the problem could be ? or can somebody post a pic of there vcm scan so i can see how it looks

thanks

The front O2's (B1S1 and B2S1) are responsible for telling the PCM whether the car is lean or rich. When it does, the PCM makes adjustments to the fueling through the short-term fuel trims. Thus, they are both always bouncing up and down. The O2's are always moving above .450V which represents the stoichiometric ratio. Above .450V represents a rich condition (tell the PCM to pull fuel; i.e. a negative STFT), and below .450V represents a lean condition (tell the PCM to add fuel; i.e. a positive STFT). If the STFT's keeping making adjustments in the same direction (either negative or positive), eventually the LTFT will get updated to reflect the fueling needs for those engine operating conditions.

If the O2 sensors don't behave this way (like an EKG), there are DTC's that will set like P1133/1153.

If you are seeing a bunch of lean cycles, that could contribute to your knock. You might want to verify that it is true knock by trying to pull some timing and/or adding some really good fuel.

HTH
    Last edited by superls1; 05-21-2007 at 05:05 PM.