Thread: O2s and high idle speed

Potential Tuner

O2s and high idle speed

I logged my car and my O2s were not bouncing at idle at all, does that mean they are bad. I had a DTC that said low voltage for bank 1 sensor 1 and same for bank 2 sensor 1. There also was a DTC for high idle speed? Would having bad O2s make the idle speed high? And would it make my car misfire? I just got new MSD wires and NGK TR55 plugs and i had a detected misfire. Thanks in advance, Doug
    98 Z28-ceramic coated Hooker long tubes, ORY-pipe, Flowmaster cat-back, LS6 intake, ported TB, 3.73s, a few free mods.

Re: O2s and high idle speed

check all your fuses first to make sure you didn't blow something related to powering the O2's and/or the IAC motor.

was everything fine before you changed plugs/wires?
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Re: O2s and high idle speed

Yeah everything was fine before i changed the plugs and wires and it was fine even after they were changed, but it just started all of the sudden, thats why i didnt know if it was related to the O2s ??? The O2s were not bouncing at all. They were really low voltage though.
    98 Z28-ceramic coated Hooker long tubes, ORY-pipe, Flowmaster cat-back, LS6 intake, ported TB, 3.73s, a few free mods.