Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on tuning 4.8 gt45

Tuner in Training

Question Advice on tuning 4.8 gt45

First time tuning anything as well as with hptuners. I have a 1985 c10 with a 4.8l nv3500 swap log manifold gt45 stainless passenger custom crossover sloppy stage 2 cam pac 1218 springs decapped injectors 3 bar map maf delete 38mm wastegate 7 psi spring. 2.5 inch inter cooler piping 3 inch downpipe. br7ef plugs. so i got it together with some research and it will idle on its own i have 2 seperate videos i will upload at a later time when i learn how to use this but i am going to try to upload my log file and my editor file so i can hopefully get some professional input. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiC1wUHDnKP3hhgu...IEdF5?e=fWBN01 https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiC1wUHDnKP3hg9y8G6o3kBiSR26
    Last edited by russ275; 04-26-2023 at 05:28 AM. Reason: updated log and tune files.

Advanced Tuner
    Its best to not make same post in different forum sections.

Post your tune and datalog to the post instead of the links.

Tuner in Training
    i understand. i didnt think my first post went through and wasnt sure where it should go.anyhow how exactly do you post the tune file to the post ??

Tuner in Training
    bump. updated with tune file and log

Senior Tuner
    I don't think most people on here will mess with links to files. Why not post the file directly into the forum?

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune and datalog to the post instead of the links.

Tuner in Training
    ill be honest i dont know exactly what you mean

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by russ275 View Post
    ill be honest i dont know exactly what you mean
    When you click reply go to advanced and you'll see the paper clip icon to add files

Tuner in Training

upload

hopefully this works
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    this is the original first start before i messed with the ve table and high and low octane tables

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a channels list that works for me. You need to key ON and wait to start vehicle then crank it. Your scanner did not populate channels that are listed and they did on original log. Check connections and make sure it starts to read the sensors before startup.
    I usually turn key on, blip throttle 1 time to make sure it is communicating, then crank it. A good bit of useful data is provided in Key ON, before running.

Your Engine Diag> airflow MAF frequency fail is 0 I see, as you are trying to put this into VE/SD mode, now set Engine Diag> DTC P0101-P0103 to Mil on 1st error, if you want to know/ see it is failed, check the CEL box too, otherwise leave check box alone. You should scan for DTC either way in Scanner Diagnostics and Info Icon. Verify it has failed the MAF. You need t have the Airflow> Dynamic tab> High RPM Disable set to higher value such as 8000rpm.

Did you look at your log c10 3 bar second start with timing and ve adjustment? your control module voltage is high at 16.xx volts, but went as low as 7.2 volts probably at startup, but still LOW!
    It also lacks many channels data, again check the connections and grounds.
    MAP Characterization is wrong for a GM 3 bar , not sure what you are using. At begging of log if that is key-on not running (hard to tell with so few channels data populating) then the MAP is reading 52.5 kPa and needs wires/sensor to be checked. What is your elevation while tuning the car?

Make a new one log. I hope your next attempt has better data.
    Tune at your own risk.
    Hondaeater.

Tuner in Training

newest start

scared to let it run any longer because i have no clue what i am doing tuning wise. here is a small idle. batttery voltage is low so i have a charger hooked to it. c10 3rd start newest ve and spark update 5.5.23.hpl

Tuner in Training
    bump

Advanced Tuner
    bump
    why did you start another thread on the same thing yesterday?

Tuner in Training
    because i need help and not many people are seeing/responding

Advanced Tuner
    I posted (#11) some channels to use that would help get better data. Update my MAP sensor to your 3 bar and delete the 1 bar MAP channel. Your MAP sensor is not characterized correctly in the tune.
    Do you have a Wide band hooked up? If so add that to the channels list too and place it (highlight the area) near the AFR and Lambda Commanded channels.

You need to reread post #11. You still do not have the MAF failed.
    Last edited by Hondaeater; 05-07-2023 at 01:42 AM.

Senior Tuner
    My guess is there are lot of the more knowledgeable and prolific people on here that aren’t going to spend much of their time on this with the decapped injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    not many people are seeing/responding
    its the weekend. people have lives.
    i click on here maybe once, twice a day just to see whats going on. If nothing new i leave.
    did you fix your alt?
    if the vehicle isnt ready to be tuned, ie low battery voltage, all that needs corrected first.
    the decaps are just icing on the cake..

Tuner in Training
    Okay so i did re read and.. my battery is about shot, the voltage is low.i think the high voltage is because i have a jumper hooked up so it doesnt die. Now i did change the MAF to mill on first error instead of second. I did run the scanner and i am coming up with no codes. The map is reading at 52.5 and then 104 at the higher voltage when i have jumper turned on. it idles at about 74 roughly.so im not positive where it should be but i am in NY and am about 500 feet above sea level.My spark is getting up to 43* but i am getting no knock..

Tuner in Training
    Hey i completely understand that i have a family as well. but as far as the decapped i know they need to be replaced asap...but i have heard of a few people having luck with them. fingers crossed.