Thread: Wide Band To Can Bus Question

Tuner in Training

Wide Band To Can Bus Question

I am installing my Innovative wideband in my 07 charger is there a way to connect it to my can-bus system so I can get a reading on my mpvi2? or do I have to have the pro kit?

Advanced Tuner
    #1 Is your 2007 Charger a CANbus ECU ? Which pins are installed on the DLC ( OBD2) Port.

#2 The Innovate widebands, as fas as I know, do not have CANbus intrefaces. So, it's either:
    • a. Connect via A/C or EGR inputs on the ECU ( if available )
    • b. Use the serial interface ( many people have connection issues with this )
    • c. Get the pro-feature set and the ProLink adapter for 0-5v input
    • d. Make your own 0-5v -> CANbus adapter.

Note: The Innovate widebands ( except the old LC-1 and LM-1 IIRC ) share a single wire for power and signal ground . This makes them, particularly, susceptible to ground offset errors, when using the 0-5v outputs.

While I'm at it... Ya know.... it's been about 5 years, now, since the 1st AEM 30-0333/30-0334 CANBus/OBD2 prototypes were tested, here, on this very forum, by some really smart and good looking character . I am, actually, a bit perplexed that no other WB manufacturer has provided a similar OBD2 interface. Not complaining. Just perplexed.

In that vein, I am currently prototyping a new interface device that will allow direct connection of the 30-0300 and 30-0310 to the OBD2 port ( Like a 30-0334 ) but, will work with all OBD2 systems, including 1996-2007 GM, Ford, and Chrysler vehicles. With a few built-in advantages