Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie tune for you HPT pro's! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 831LS View Post
    Well I have the regulator vac port connected to the intake manifold... ? Should I just have it disconnected si it stays at one steady pressure?
    Leave your regulator plumbed into your intake and then set it to 58 psi, this will keep your differential pressure constant, I have adjusted your fuel pressure correctly for constant 58psi differential pressure and added in the rest of your missing injector data, take a look at the changes, they all come directly from Deatschwerks. You will need to retune but your tune will come out far better and more consistent. You were missing 5 tables worth of data and your injector flow rate was incorrect for a boost/vacuum referenced pressure regulator, it should have been a constant value across the table with the flow rate of your injectors at your selected fuel pressure as your regulator holds differential pressure across the injectors constant at all vacuum/boost values.

7 25 2021 ve adjust 2 with corrected injector data.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTuner View Post
    Leave your regulator plumbed into your intake and then set it to 58 psi, this will keep your differential pressure constant, I have adjusted your fuel pressure correctly for constant 58psi differential pressure and added in the rest of your missing injector data, take a look at the changes, they all come directly from Deatschwerks. You will need to retune but your tune will come out far better and more consistent. You were missing 5 tables worth of data and your injector flow rate was incorrect for a boost/vacuum referenced pressure regulator, it should have been a constant value across the table with the flow rate of your injectors at your selected fuel pressure as your regulator holds differential pressure across the injectors constant at all vacuum/boost values.

7 25 2021 ve adjust 2 with corrected injector data.hpt
    Wow, thanks for the info and making the changes haha I dumped that tune in and yes will have to do a complete ve re-work but even just with that the low end throttle response is way better and thats wit hit pig rich even 11.xx afr! Thanks I'll get a re-tune going and let you know how much better it is. Again thank you for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by 831LS View Post
    Wow, thanks for the info and making the changes haha I dumped that tune in and yes will have to do a complete ve re-work but even just with that the low end throttle response is way better and thats wit hit pig rich even 11.xx afr! Thanks I'll get a re-tune going and let you know how much better it is. Again thank you for the help!
    No problem, with bad injector data your VE tables will come out wrong, which will cause your airflow calculations to be wrong. Airflow is what is used by your timing tables, so if your airflow is wrong you will be in the wrong part of your timing tables, probably another reason you were having issues.

Tuner in Training
    No problem, with bad injector data your VE tables will come out wrong, which will cause your airflow calculations to be wrong. Airflow is what is used by your timing tables, so if your airflow is wrong you will be in the wrong part of your timing tables, probably another reason you were having issues.
    For sure, thanks for the info and straightening of my wack tune haha It's taken me some time to get back in the truck and do some adjusting of the tune etc but the latest one I have still needs some tweaks of course but my biggest lag is when cruising about 2400rpm and trying to trouttle into boost it really is boggy and just doesnt make that transition into boost well at all. If I rip it WOT it will sort of make it through that but obviously its more of the drivabiity that that I'm trying to get right now. Anyone have any ideas on what to sdjust for the transition into boost area...?

I only took a quick look but in your spark tables you have very low advance, even some negative advance, and in your logs when you go WOT you have up to -10 advance, that it was it causing your bog. I am assuming it is torque management, you should log your torque management PID, I will work on you tune later this weekend, but if you want to in the meantime try figure out why your advance is so low, you should be at lowest like 10 degrees at WOT.
    Last edited by BigTuner; 08-14-2021 at 11:09 AM.

I see your max torque is 350lb.ft you need to max that out and probably all of your torque management values. Do some searching on torque management and learn what is going on there.

Tuner in Training
    I see your max torque is 350lb.ft you need to max that out and probably all of your torque management values. Do some searching on torque management and learn what is going on there.
    Great info, I'll do what I can to figure out what's up with the TM and hopefully get some time on it, I'm doign some trans coolers work and it's been a busy time in my shop lately so the truck sits on the back burner at times haha Thanks again

Advanced Tuner
    You're not logging enough channels to know for sure which area of TM is pulling timing, but it is definitely pulling a lot. It's pulled to the max lowest allowed. The Spark Retard Limit is ECM 12790 (yours is -10 degrees). Some things I would change to start with, and get another log

Zero out Burst Knock (your log showed burst knock pulling timing on several occasions)
    - ECM 12760 set to 8.0
    - ECM 12761 set to 0.0

Max TQ vs RPM
    - ECM 12824 set to 640

Max TQ
    - ECM 2820 set to 640

Set all the following to max (41,943,040)
    - ECM 2810
    - ECM 2811
    - ECM 2812
    - ECM 2813
    - ECM 2814
    - ECM 2815

Disable Engine Abuse Mode
    - ECM 2800 set to 8,000
    - ECM 2802 set to 0
    - ECM 12800 set to 0

Disable Transmission Abuse Mode
    - ECM 410 "Disabled"
    - ECM 5400 set to 8,192
    - ECM 5401 set to 100
    - ECM 5402 set to 0
    - ECM 15400 set to 0

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
    You're not logging enough channels to know for sure which area of TM is pulling timing, but it is definitely pulling a lot. It's pulled to the max lowest allowed. The Spark Retard Limit is ECM 12790 (yours is -10 degrees). Some things I would change to start with, and get another log

Zero out Burst Knock (your log showed burst knock pulling timing on several occasions)
    - ECM 12760 set to 8.0
    - ECM 12761 set to 0.0

Max TQ vs RPM
    - ECM 12824 set to 640

Max TQ
    - ECM 2820 set to 640

Set all the following to max (41,943,040)
    - ECM 2810
    - ECM 2811
    - ECM 2812
    - ECM 2813
    - ECM 2814
    - ECM 2815

Disable Engine Abuse Mode
    - ECM 2800 set to 8,000
    - ECM 2802 set to 0
    - ECM 12800 set to 0

Disable Transmission Abuse Mode
    - ECM 410 "Disabled"
    - ECM 5400 set to 8,192
    - ECM 5401 set to 100
    - ECM 5402 set to 0
    - ECM 15400 set to 0
    Thanks for the info I'll plug those and see how she runs!

Tuner in Training
    Really appreciate all of your guys help and info, Worked on the TM and input all of that into my tune and it's night and day difference, truck transitioned from vac to boost soooo much better! Didn't get to much drive time in today but it was enough to tell you guys had it spot on with the wack tune issues I started with haha.

Was also having a more minor issue where my desired idle is not sticking to my tune rpm... can't see what might be causing that to rise.... I think it's set to like 750... warm idle and it end up coming up to closer to 900... not a huge deal but maybe you guys have an idea...

Thanks sagain all!