Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie tune for you HPT pro's! LOL

Tuner in Training

Rookie tune for you HPT pro's! LOL

Hey all,

Well I have my RCSB 2002 GMC Sierra LM7 5.3L single turbo truck tune that maybe you buys could look at and see where I can adjust to make it a real tune haha Truck is kinda laggy/boggy doesn't pick up and make power like it should. it drives, shifts etc.. but should be much more peppy and be making alot more power I'm sure. I'll be going for a real dyno tune eventually but I'd like it to at least feel decent before going to the dyno and making peak gains etc... any help would be great thank in advance!

Seems like timing is being pulled... going Neg once in boost is that normal?

First post forgive me if the tune link doesnt work or something LMK as I'm not totally sure how this works haha

7 29 2021 quick log.hpl

7 25 2021 ve adjust 2.hpt

LM7 5.3l Stock bottom end
    APR Bolts
    Chromo pushrods
    Dual springs and Ti retainers
    BTR stg 2 turbo cam
    Trick Turbo kit Precision 76/75LS turbo
    Precision 46mm gate on 10psi spring
    Deatch 440 pump
    Deatch 1000CC injectors
    Aeromotive 46psi i believe...
    Jakes stage 2 trans and billet converter
    SFI plate
    stock intake and T/B

if any other info needed lmk... thanks guys!
    Last edited by 831LS; 07-29-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Im a noob but it looks like your timing is off for some reason. Can I see your tune file?

Tuner in Training
    I'm sure it is haha Does the tune file not load thats pasted there in my post?

Potential Tuner
    just shows a quick log file. you didnt post the tune from what i can see

Tuner in Training
    Oh my bad tune file, I had a log file duh, I'll try and figure out how to upload a tune file...

Potential Tuner
    Hm. Sorry man nothing is jumping out at me as to why your timing is being pulled under acceleration. But I'm a noob, Im sure someone else will chime in.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for lookin!

Your torque management values all looks stock so I would say it is probably torque management and/or ETC, you can log the torque management advance to see if it is kicking in. You have also only adjusted the flow rate of your injectors, you need to add the rest of the injector data for your injectors, probably explains why your air fuel ratio is acting weird and your VE table looks a bit strange, you need the correct injector data and then retune your VE table.
    Last edited by BigTuner; 07-29-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Also you have copied your high octane table to your low octane table, I would not do this, you want the protection of the low octane table if things go wrong and you get a lot of knock, I would put that back to stock.

Tuner in Training
    I'll look into that stuff. Thanks for the info! I made the low and high tables the same just so for initial.tuning there would be no variable change that would throw me off while fiddling with the tune.

Senior Tuner
    Disable the Abuse mode under the Engine TM tab, Zero the Catalytic Converter Startup Correction table, and Zero the Traction Control table. Then take it for a spin.
    You'll have to populate the Low Octane Spark table with the same values as the High Octane Spark table in your application (just like you've already done.) Since you're in SD mode, the PCM will reference the Low Octane Spark table only.

After making these changes, you'll be best suited to zero the Fuel Base Spark adder table as well.
    Last edited by kevin87turbot; 07-29-2021 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTuner View Post
    Also you have copied your high octane table to your low octane table, I would not do this, you want the protection of the low octane table if things go wrong and you get a lot of knock, I would put that back to stock.
    Oh yeah sorry Kevin is right, in SD only mode it will reference low octane table, you were on the right track.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds good thank you for the info I'll give it a look tomorrow and see if I can work on it! Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Disable the Abuse mode under the Engine TM tab, Zero the Catalytic Converter Startup Correction table, and Zero the Traction Control table. Then take it for a spin.
    You'll have to populate the Low Octane Spark table with the same values as the High Octane Spark table in your application (just like you've already done.) Since you're in SD mode, the PCM will reference the Low Octane Spark table only.

After making these changes, you'll be best suited to zero the Fuel Base Spark adder table as well.
    So to disable the Abuse mode, what do you suggest to enter in for numbers to "disable" it as theres no simple enable/disable ability?

And where would I find said CAt converter startup correc. table...? can't seem to find this table haha

zero'd the TCS table.

Thanks in advance!

Senior Tuner
    Just enter a high RPM number...say 8000 rpm, so that it doesn't enter Abuse mode.

The Catalyst Heating Startup Correction table is just to the right of your Low Octane spark table.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Just enter a high RPM number...say 8000 rpm, so that it doesn't enter Abuse mode.

The Catalyst Heating Startup Correction table is just to the right of your Low Octane spark table.
    Got it, perfect I'll give that a shot and see how she drive! thanks agian guys!

Do you have a boost referenced regulator? If so, your IFR needs to be one number across(whatever the flow is at 58psi) again--if you are at 58psi. Your vac table is populated like you have a boost regulator.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Do you have a boost referenced regulator? If so, your IFR needs to be one number across(whatever the flow is at 58psi) again--if you are at 58psi. Your vac table is populated like you have a boost regulator.
    Well I have the regulator vac port connected to the intake manifold... ? Should I just have it disconnected si it stays at one steady pressure?