Thread: Newbie tuning questions

Potential Tuner

Newbie tuning questions

Hello tuning experts, I want to make the jump into DIY tuning. My car ( '02 Z28 ) isn't heavily modded yet (lid, headers, catback), but I want to get a handle on tuning before it is. I plan to purchase HP Tuners VCM Suite Standard and a wide band O2 setup. A few questions: 1) What wide band O2 to get? I've been looking at www.innovatemotorsports.com and www.widebandcommander.com. 2) This may be a stupid question, but when logging with the wide band, where do you connect the O2 sensor? 3) Is this a good way to go? Any suggestions for another route or other stuff I need? Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Potential Tuner

Re: Newbie tuning questions

Anybody? Need a little advice here. :'(

Tuner in Training

Go with the wideband commander, its packed with plenty of features from the start and is only a little more when you consider it comes with a gauge and you won't have to purchase the rpm data cable. Its awesome and money well spent. As for the 02 sensor you will have to weld the bung (supplied) into the exhaust. no Worrys though its a 5 minute job for any exhaust shop.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshkerLS1
    Go with the wideband commander, its packed with plenty of features from the start and is only a little more when you consider it comes with a gauge and you won't have to purchase the rpm data cable. Its awesome and money well spent. As for the 02 sensor you will have to weld the bung (supplied) into the exhaust. no Worrys though its a 5 minute job for any exhaust shop.
    Can I use my existing 02 bung for that? Is it the same size? I have a sim after my cat and I can just put it there.