Thread: Not connecting?

Tuner in Training

Not connecting?

Since my car is in the shop, I have decided to rent a GM cavi. I tried to hook the scanner to the OBD2 port. I have all the cables hooked up and tight and I'm using the USB port because none of my ports match up to the 9pin adaptor.

I was wondering whats going on with the scanner. I haven't had a chance to try to use the editor or flasher yet nor have I been able to scan an Fbody.

I use the USB ports to download my digital camera so I know they work. I'm just baffled right now. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks in Advance.

Matt
    1998 Trans Am. Looks stock......but far from it

Re: Not connecting?

What error message are you getting and what USB adapter are you using?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

Its a 9pin ~> USB from Radio Shack(only store in the immediate area that I could get the adaptor from).

it doesn't give me an error per say.....but on the bottom it says...

Command: Cable Connect 3........then to idle
    Cable Status: No Open Ports.
    VCM Voltage: 0.0
    Frame:

Tuner in Training

Ok, got it working.

Right now the scanner is working(I don't have my car so I can't edit/flash anything).

My friend Jeremy came over and I was telling him about this problem and that my computer was running really slow lately. He got it up and running like normal and I went out and scanned the Cavi. Wow...does it have KR out the rear on a shift.... I like the scanner, what I would really like to see is it do more then just GM products...that would be great! Anyways, just wanted to let you know that its up and running ;D

Tuner in Training

I have the same adapter from RS. It worked alright w/ Autotap and LS1 Edit, but it's doing nothing for the HP Tuners. So I bought the PCMCIA adapter mentioned in another thread, and still nothing. Of course the PCMCIA adapter so far is a POS! There are no .exe files w/ it, no installation instructions, no ligts, bells, whistles, nothing!

Senior Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by MT_POKT
    I have the same adapter from RS. It worked alright w/ Autotap and LS1 Edit, but it's doing nothing for the HP Tuners. So I bought the PCMCIA adapter mentioned in another thread, and still nothing. Of course the PCMCIA adapter so far is a POS! There are no .exe files w/ it, no installation instructions, no ligts, bells, whistles, nothing!

Which one is it?

I want to make sure I don't buy that one.

Ken

Tuner in Training

http://www.c-source.com/csource/news...art_no=CB2S650

This is the part I bought. My lap-top exceeds the minimum for this by a long shot. The tech guru from the Mfg in Canada and I couldn't even force the installation. The tech guy basically said there's a 50-50 chance of it working. If I would have known this ahead of time, I wouldn't have bothered. Maybe others have had better luck. I ended up buying another lap-top for tuning.

If you need to go with a PCMCIA solution, I highly recommend this company.

http://www.socketcom.com/product/serial.asp

I use their ruggedized 2 port PCMCIA adapter and the software that comes with it is very configurable. It allows you to map the external ports to different com ports, and set max and min baud rates for each port. They even offer a 4 port PCMCIA adapter. I have tried about 6 or 7 different adapters for my company since we interface to medical devices via our hardware and need many serial ports. This brand cost a little more but it is worth it if you require the best performance.