Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Injection Timing Assistance Requested

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by adunphy View Post
    My IPW is not as linear as I'm seeing most of you run. I have my FPCM setup to increase line pressure to 60psi for anything over 80 lb/hr flow rate. As a result my IPW drops back down a bit. I've attached a worksheet with my specs and the injector timing I'm using. Any major cons/disadvantages to what I'm doing with my fuel pressure? (Low/normal fuel pressure is set to 48psi which is in effect for 90% of cruising conditions)
    Attachment 69971
    Lower rpms you could stand to be more retarded - higher rpms is about where you want it...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    Just wondering if someone with a more learned eye can take a look at my excel table for my injector timing and give me some feedback?

I've gone through and added as much (or as accurate information) as i can, downside is i only have specs for my cam at either 0.050" or 0.004" (so I've used the 0.004").

Also, I've taken a bit of a guess for my "PW in MS (measured WOT)".

I've tried to set the boundary as per what the suggestions are for each of the RPMs in the notes/DOCS page.

One bit that concerns me is in the table tab, engine RPMs at 6144 "fuel reaches chamber" is coming up red in the cell, not sure what this means?

Boosted with a turbo.

Thanks in advance.

Senior Tuner
    think the version 19 still had some changes u can try the version 21 its the newest see if that helps

Tuning Addict
    Don't pay any mind to the fuel reaching cylinder info in the higher rpms as it's set to one speed in the table - it actually gets there almost the same time as eoi in the higher rpms depending on build of course...

As for the rest - haven't checked yours out, but the red cells also typically can be ignored...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Paz View Post
    Just wondering if someone with a more learned eye can take a look at my excel table for my injector timing and give me some feedback?

I've gone through and added as much (or as accurate information) as i can, downside is i only have specs for my cam at either 0.050" or 0.004" (so I've used the 0.004").

I've tried to set the boundary as per what the suggestions are for each of the RPMs in the notes/DOCS page.

One bit that concerns me is in the table tab, engine RPMs at 6144 "fuel reaches chamber" is coming up red in the cell, not sure what this means?

Boosted with a turbo.

Thanks in advance.
    Advance it more at 2000, lot more at 2500 and 3000 - looks good from there up...

~Greg Huggins~

Senior Tuner
    I'd like to thank Greg openly for the assistance with this on a BTR cammed ls3. Kudo's to you sir! I have it figured out now on the graph and what to move around to get the desired affect.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuning Addict
    Glad I was able to help you Brian

~Greg Huggins~

Senior Tuner
    it now has traction issues in second. Need to fine tune it some more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paz View Post

Boosted with a turbo.

Thanks in advance.
    The RED in the cell means too close to the intake valve being open from previous cycle.

Tuner
    I'm new to this "particular" thing, I've never bother fooling with the injection boundary option, what are the overall effects to the power curve, GHuggins, i sent you a message on FB

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtech View Post
    I'm new to this "particular" thing, I've never bother fooling with the injection boundary option, what are the overall effects to the power curve, GHuggins, i sent you a message on FB
    GHuggins has provided evidence in the past of significant mid-range gains. I'm sure the same can be said up top as well.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    GHuggins has provided evidence in the past of significant mid-range gains. I'm sure the same can be said up top as well.
    Oh i know, Greg has been some help to me on some things. I just wanted to know if there was a bases to start with.. For example My Built V is 520 across the board on boundary, i wanted to know if i should go up, or down or what.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtech View Post
    Oh i know, Greg has been some help to me on some things. I just wanted to know if there was a bases to start with.. For example My Built V is 520 across the board on boundary, i wanted to know if i should go up, or down or what.
    I see that's just not how the post read, sorry. Check out the latest revision of the spreadsheet, plug in your cam specs (preferably advertised specs, not .050), portions of the tune that are required and measured pulsewidths. Takes time but I feel it's worth it. The only thing you have to figure out is it you're running a flex fuel setup you have to figure out what fuel mixture you want to run this process for. More than likely you'll be delaying things a bit but that's what this thread has been about.

Personally I did it with e70 (Racetrac special :/) in the tank but that means it is more than likely off on normal 93. I got a little throttle response out or the deal and a couple mpg. Don't have a dyno and haven't been to the track so I don't know if it makes any more power but my hunch is yes.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    think the version 19 still had some changes u can try the version 21 its the newest see if that helps
    Yep you're right GTS, thanks i have just downloaded it and will work with this version.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Advance it more at 2000, lot more at 2500 and 3000 - looks good from there up...
    Thanks Greg, i shall hopefully have a few hours to play with it and try to understand it some more in the next day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    The RED in the cell means too close to the intake valve being open from previous cycle.
    This has now really got me confused!

I actually made a mistake in my first post, my specs are not at 0.004 but 0.008, how much of a difference is this going to make?

Senior Tuner
    yea the 0.008 will be fine to use, i have some red in mine also at the 6-6600 area mark but not at the 7k with the same IPW so im not sure how that works but it runs fine and IDC is only 75%
    Last edited by 07GTS; 06-14-2017 at 06:45 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if we couldn't get the post with the latest version of the spreadsheet stickied somehow since it's getting pretty far back now.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...l=1#post483751

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    I wonder if we couldn't get the post with the latest version of the spreadsheet stickied somehow since it's getting pretty far back now.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...l=1#post483751
    This sheet is going in circles. The recent changes are duplicates of what I was told to take out.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...equested/page8

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Don't pay any mind to the fuel reaching cylinder info in the higher rpms as it's set to one speed in the table - it actually gets there almost the same time as eoi in the higher rpms depending on build of course...

As for the rest - haven't checked yours out, but the red cells also typically can be ignored...
    The red is there for a warning that you are getting close to the intake valve being opened from previous cycle. Because formulas have been adjusted and this one is not fixed to match it is calculating wrong somewhere past v17. There are other things now that may or may not be right. The make-up for one. I at first I added it on the end, then I was told to should push SOI back not be added, now it is being added on the end. Do we really know?

Senior Tuner
    just need a gen 3 version for simplicity.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    The red is there for a warning that you are getting close to the intake valve being opened from previous cycle. Because formulas have been adjusted and this one is not fixed to match it is calculating wrong somewhere past v17. There are other things now that may or may not be right. The make-up for one. I at first I added it on the end, then I was told to should push SOI back not be added, now it is being added on the end. Do we really know?
    Too many cooks in the kitchen I guess. This seems like a good candidate for a web app of some type. Maybe if I get the free time.