Thread: Diablo unlocked ECM

Diablo unlocked ECM

Hi,

I have two customer trucks 2016/2017 dodge rams full bolt ons need a tune and they want to keep stock ecm and get new one for tunning purpose so i contacted hptuners they dont stock unlocked ecms however diablo sport does will these work if i credit them and tune them

Potential Tuner
    Would also like to know this.

Tuning Addict
    Things may have changed, but HPT told me that a diablo unlocked ecm was more or less the same as theirs and could be tuned via HPtuners... They also said in no way shape or form to ever try to tune a sct unlocked ecm as they had lots of problems and would never work...

Diablo has a core credit condition, so not sure what that would cost you or at least that's how it was stated when I inquired about this? Not sure how much the ecms cost, but you could also purchase a new ecm and ship it into HPT for the chip upgrade just for these vehicles?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    FWIW, I've had no problems tuning Diablo supplied PCM's.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    on 2016 2017 models, you will see crazy gains from tuning alone.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    on 2016 2017 models, you will see crazy gains from tuning alone.
    crazy gains? I have a diablo canned tune with their unlocked pcm which I put in the vehicle. I am not seeing crazy gains.

Diablo states they leave the AFR alone as they like to run lean.

Slightly more timing. 16/17 and the knock sensors are desensitized.

I actually can change the parameters in the diablo tune via their trinity; but I dare not.
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

I have a customer that wants me to tune his 2015 Challenger 5.7 that has a Diablo pcm. Support told me that I still have to send it to Hp Tuners for them to unlock it.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    I have a customer that wants me to tune his 2015 Challenger 5.7 that has a Diablo pcm. Support told me that I still have to send it to Hp Tuners for them to unlock it.

Russ Kemp

Huh? I am not a tuner. But their pcm is unlocked. Whether you buy it from Diablo or another vendor. You can read the diablo tune with hp tuners and then tune. At least that is what I was told.
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusG8 View Post
    Huh? I am a tuner. So their pcm is already unlocked. Whether you buy it from Diablo or another vendor doesn't matter. You can read the diablo tune with hp tuners and then tune. At least that is what I have found.
    Fixed
    Last edited by Hemituna; 03-01-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I have tuned for 2 customers there 2015 & 2016 dodge charger and challenger, and they all came to me with diablosport unlocked PCMs, and yes you can tune it with no problems.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    with good fuel you will see good gains
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by The Speed FoX View Post
    I have tuned for 2 customers there 2015 & 2016 dodge charger and challenger, and they all came to me with diablosport unlocked PCMs, and yes you can tune it with no problems.
    Ok good to know. I'll see if I can license this Diablo PCM.

Russ Kemp

I can confirm on my personal vehicle guys-a couple things worth noting. I have a Diablo PCM, tuned with HPT, (a 2016 Scat Pack Challenger). And no, you are not going to see crazy gains from the 92 or 93 canned tunes from Diablo, the two tunes are identical with knock sensor adjustments, throttle knock spark tables "zero'ed" out, max airflows changed, but 93 octane tune adds 1...ONE degree of timing from about 4200 and up in the high load areas of WOT spark table. Diablo tunes are more for a more responsive feel, not power.

Tuner in Training
    He was talking about Dodge Ram, not Challenger Scat Pack. Completely different story and and yes, with a good tune you can gain 30 hp and sometimes more on these. Seen it many times.

Advanced Tuner
    We have tuned dozens of Mopars with HPTuners using Diablosport unlocked PCM's. Absolutely no issues to date.
    The primary reason we do this is the same reason the OP indicated - We can order a Diablo PCM in advance and have it here when the customer car arrives.

good to see this thread. I needed this info.

Quote Originally Posted by monty007 View Post
    He was talking about Dodge Ram, not Challenger Scat Pack. Completely different story and and yes, with a good tune you can gain 30 hp and sometimes more on these. Seen it many times.
    How is it a different story? Still needs an unlocked PCM. Not arguing the HP gains, yes I tuned 34HP on my dyno out of my '14 Hemi Ram, I was simply stating you are not going to see those gains from the Diablo canned tunes. Read carefully.

Tuner in Training
    I think it is Hardware-Software specific, There are few of PCM's:
    GPEC, GPEC2, GPEC2 LOCKED, GPEC2A and GPEC3.
    All comes between the 2013.5-2018+ range.

I TESTED: 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 6.4L - 05036071AD (2015 WK 6.4L AUTO SRT 50S WK - GRAND CHEROKEE)

Unlocked PCM by Diablo, Read and Write by HPT - Works fine.

Also check the link for list of Part number vs Software numbers:
    http://kb.dcctools.com/index.php?Vie...4&AttachID=197