Thread: Intermittent KR

Tuner

Intermittent KR

I've been having some KR issues that seem to be intermittent. The ping is audible and seems to do it when the TC locks. I use Sunoco 94 (10%ethanol) faithfully. I have done quite a bit of logging and then rolled the timing back in the corresponding cells. This would help but then the KR would come back inexplicably. I'm fairly new to the tuning scene, so if someone could look at scan I'd really appreciate any input. Here is a list of some of my mods (engine/trans);

02 Z28|A4|3.73|t-tops
    Motor/Trans Lid/FRA|K&N filter|1.75" Kooks headers|Kooks y-pipe w/Magnaflow cats|Beefed up 4L60E|Vigilante3200|TransGo|Borla|LSX intake/78mm ported TB|LS6 ported heads|Comp cam 224/224 114|B&M Trans cooler|Hypertech160*t-stat|Taylor Thundervolt wires/NGK TR55 plugs

Tuner
    I don't know if it will help, but here is the current bin file in the car. I'd really appreciate if someone could give me some insight as I'm fairly new to HP Tuners. Thanks. Al

Tuner
    I picked up the Racetronix fuel pump as I think my KR might be related to that. If anybody could take a look at the scan I posted it would be very much appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    You should log the Knock Learn Factor and see if this
    fixing & reapperaring, is just because you were learned
    to a way-degraded advance position and whatever you
    take out, just relaxes the learn factor & comes up a
    net wash.

The KR events are all attended by a lean O2 dip right
    before or at the KR jump. You are still closed loop
    and maybe this is just the fuel dithering biting you.
    In a couple of the cases there is a STFT negative
    jump that might account for the momentary short
    fuel. But I think you really just don't want to be at
    2000RPM and MAP>50kPa.

It seems to me like you are lugging at high MAP and
    what the car really wants, is converter unlock and
    downshift when you have that much pedal.

Tuner
    Thanks, Jimmy. I will log the Knock Learn Factor then. Do you thing the dithering you mentioned is caused by an overworked fuel pump? Is there any way to monitor fuel pump load? I thought that an overworked pump would show up in the injectors but was told this is not necessarily so. Thanks again.