Thread: Trans Temp Alarm

Tuner

Trans Temp Alarm

So far this product looks good, but as with others seems pretty pricey but that seems to be average for this type of software, I guess limited amount of demand.
    Back to topic, for my current use and demand would require editing the temp at which the trans overheating alarm pops up. As in I'm going to be towing
    and want to know when the oil get's over 220F, not 275F as GM sets it. If this was put into hptuner I would
    spend the money today.

Adam
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Tuner in Training

Re: Trans Temp Alarm

i thought the trans temp was an SES feature? mines disabled oddly. Previously tuned by an ls1edit.

hmm.

Tuner

yes it trips an alarm at 275F, But that is too late in my mind, as over 220F the fluid life is all ready cut in half and at 250F the life is down to 25%.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Tuner

So since no one else has asked I must assume this will
    not get out into the software?

Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1
    So far this product looks good, but as with others seems pretty pricey but that seems to be average for this type of software, I guess limited amount of demand.
    Back to topic, for my current use and demand would require editing the temp at which the trans overheating alarm pops up. As in I'm going to be towing
    and want to know when the oil get's over 220F, not 275F as GM sets it. If this was put into hptuner I would
    spend the money today.

Adam

let me look into it. Just because you are the only one who asked doesn't mean it won't make it

give me a couple of days.

I count sheep in hex...

okay, it will be done.

Set and Clear DTC temps and delays will be added to the editor very soon.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

That's a good idea. It'd be nice to be able to do that.
    1998 Trans Am&&1989 Mustang GT

Tuner

Please add me as #2 user with this request ... and for the same reason. I tow a large boat occasionally but have a high stall. Thanks.
    Because it must be Brent!&&\'05 FORD F-250 Diesel, baby