Thread: Newbie tuning questions?

Tuner in Training

Newbie tuning questions?

I have been tweeking ve tables. With maf plugged in stock tune was readiing really high LTFT's and 14-16 afr at wot. Unplugged MAF and runs lower ltft's. reset trims, logged up to 4k rpms, copy paste spec multiply % and repeated until 0 - neg fuel trims and way richer 10-13 afr. plugged maf in today just to log and the difference. still high LTFT and lean wot . Is maf bad or what. What should I log for maf to see if its working correctly? logs and tune/config below.aem wb.cfg
    maf.hpl
    mafless.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    No body. Any one want to peak at my logs.

Tuner
    I'm a noob too, but if I'm not mistaken you want to tune/dial in your VE table while in open loop/speed density. You don't want the MAF involved.

Tuner
    Couple tips...but I could be dead wrong.

First get your VCM into SD/Open loop. (Google): "SD open loop hp tuners"
    If you IAT is on your mass air meter you will have to leave em connected and "delete" the mass air meter with HPT. To leave the Mass air meter connected but remove it to go into SD OL, set the DTC'S p0101,p0102,p0103 to "1 mil on second something". I like to leave the same codes I just mentioned "enabled" Then go to engine diagnostics>airflow and set the mass air meter frequency to 0hz. If you haven't touched this in the past its probably sitting around 13,500hz. Doing this should give you a check engine code. That's good. It's going to force the vcm to ignore the mass air meter and put you in SD.

The mass air meter controls fuel and timing. When you delete the mass air meter the vcm get its fuel ranges from the VE exclusively and timing is measure from the high and low octane tables which are located under the engine>spark tab.
    You want to take the high octane table highlight it/copy it/paste it directly on top of the low octane table. Then need to always be the same. You change on you need to change em both. Now your in SD.
    What operating system are you using? 2.24? V3.0?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMeskin View Post
    Couple tips...but I could be dead wrong.

First get your VCM into SD/Open loop. (Google): "SD open loop hp tuners"
    If you IAT is on your mass air meter you will have to leave em connected and "delete" the mass air meter with HPT. To leave the Mass air meter connected but remove it to go into SD OL, set the DTC'S p0101,p0102,p0103 to "1 mil on second something". I like to leave the same codes I just mentioned "enabled" Then go to engine diagnostics>airflow and set the mass air meter frequency to 0hz. If you haven't touched this in the past its probably sitting around 13,500hz. Doing this should give you a check engine code. That's good. It's going to force the vcm to ignore the mass air meter and put you in SD.

The mass air meter controls fuel and timing. When you delete the mass air meter the vcm get its fuel ranges from the VE exclusively and timing is measure from the high and low octane tables which are located under the engine>spark tab.
    You want to take the high octane table highlight it/copy it/paste it directly on top of the low octane table. Then need to always be the same. You change on you need to change em both. Now your in SD.
    What operating system are you using? 2.24? V3.0?
    I am tuning ve tables with the maf unplugged , not sure if it is in open or closed loop, i have read you can do it either way. i have been tuning both primary and secondary ve tables just as all the guides say, I have tried using both LTFT and STFT with similar results getting fuel trims close to zero or in the negative. I do have high octane copied to low octane table. I disabled dfco and cot as many guides say this helps. This is my latest log. Drove 30 min to work and updated ve table, reset fuel trims then logged on way home.latest.hpl

Tuner in Training
    using 2.24