Thread: win98SE: i cant flash and have a hard time opening up HPT

win98SE: i cant flash and have a hard time opening up HPT

well i installed IE 6.0, the dot net frame work but cannot open up hpt, sometimes i get lucky and it opens up, i am not able to flash my pcm do to an license error
    i get these when i try to open.
    Ive been talking to keith about it, but i dont think he's having much luck figuring it out, anyone got any ideas?

Tuner in Training
    Strong name validation is a component of the .NET framework.

It sounds like you need to reinstall the framework. Go here, download the 23.1MB package:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...7-034D1E7CF3A3

Hope that helps.

thats where i downloaded it before i think, but ill try it.

well keith gave me a new update, im hoping that will work, if not i guess my only option is to try and install XP, but im not to sure my computer can take it as its a 300mhz with about 32megs of ram. cant really get a new laptop as im trying to get a house.

Potential Tuner
    You may have to update you OS. I had 98SE, and couldn't get it to work. Ken was trying to help me, but I stumped him. Ugraded to XP, and having no problems loading or running the program.

Senior Tuner
    I get the same error randomly on 3 different, but identical laptops running Win ME. P2 366, 256k mem. Been getting it with every version of 2.x since it's been out. Usually after I close out that box, I get the one I'm attaching here. I can usually just try again and HPT will open on the next try.

ya ussally on second try i can open it, but i cant flash my PCM.
    gonna

I would bet it's a combination of the laptop specs and the OS.

On my laptop, I get similar errors when trying to run the scanner side of the suite, if I close every window and just scan with the main form open, everything is fine. Hook up my 'partners' laptop, and NOTHING goes wrong, gauges display in real time, and I can have ALL of the scanner windows open and updating at once. The ONLY thing different is the specs of the lap top, and mine is 3 times as fast as the one you're talking about.
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL