Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Beta Now Available

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blevins View Post
    Im having issues with my dodge 2500 cummins logging very slowly and lagging... so badly i cant begin to tune on it. Going to update my beta now and see if its any better.
    Have you tried the patches?

There will be a guide up for datalogging these trucks soon, but the gist of it is that SCI logging is faster than SAE so you should avoid selecting SAE pids. Using our enhanced parameters, you really do not need to use the SAE pids at all.

Has anyone mentioned the problem re-selecting anyting in the lower right of the screen when you have a graph and chart side by side, and you review a log, then you slide the window slider to the right under the charts, then you click the graph and move the line around just a bit, then try to click on the slider at the bottom right to try to move it, but you cant? You have to click slider track under the graph, then the slider will pull itself over, then you can use it again like normal. It's like it gets hidden, but it's not. Save windows also stop working... the "save" button wont select in this scenario if its located on the right side of the screen where the charts are... you have to slide the window to the left side of the screen, then SAVE will work.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Can you post a screenshot?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Can you post a screenshot?
    you dont have to click out of the area like I posted above.. just drag it over far enough it will work until you let go. Seems to be a line if you try to grab it past the RED line I drew, it wont work. If you grab it on the left, in the green, it works fine. Other things quit working also, like the snippet program... anything to the right of the Scanner RED line (Chart edge) wont work.

Like right now, I cant click the SUBMIT button because its to the right of where the Chart values start... I have to drag this window to the left first... Even with the window Minimized... the same area doesnt work. It's like my laptop is dead over there... touch screen and mouse click. Ok now I just closed the scanner and it's still doing it... Im confused because if I hold the slider and not unclick I can slide all the way right and back left... just cant let go... So right now my screen clicking is dead, right in the same area where the slider is. If I drag up just a little bit then it works also..

Beta_Scroll 1 Start of Problem.PNG
    Last edited by 10_SS; 12-14-2015 at 09:49 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Good lawd knock

that's nothing... lol. Allright Keith a reboot fixed it.. but the dead zone was basically anywhere right, and below that pic I posted. Very strange.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I can't duplicate it. You'll have to post a video showing the bug in action, and your log and layout files.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Good lawd knock
    Feel free to PM me any advice.. lol

Hemi bored 0.30 over due to the engine blowing up due to an accident... this is a Diablo 91 octane tune, running 93 octane... but knocks the same way on the stock tune.

Only thing I can think of is it's higher compression... maybe they also milled the heads and didnt tell anybody.

v2 Summary.PNG
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I can't duplicate it. You'll have to post a video showing the bug in action, and your log and layout files.
    after I rebooted it's gone... but the dead zone was there after all HPT software was closed.. stayed until I rebooted. It was just the area to the right of the red line I drew, and below. If it comes back I'll let you know. I put this computer to sleep often during the day, may have something to do with that.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    after I rebooted it's gone... but the dead zone was there after all HPT software was closed.. stayed until I rebooted. It was just the area to the right of the red line I drew, and below. If it comes back I'll let you know. I put this computer to sleep often during the day, may have something to do with that.
    I put mine in sleep mode a lot too and I know that has been some of my intermittent problems. Anytime I see something strange I reboot and try again. If the problem persists, it's typically a bug and I add it to the list.

Tuner in Training
    There will be a guide up for datalogging these trucks soon, but the gist of it is that SCI logging is faster than SAE so you should avoid selecting SAE pids. Using our enhanced parameters, you really do not need to use the SAE pids at all.

Thanks! Doing this and some other things that support answered quickly for me got me going. Looking forward to the guide!

Tuner in Training
    Is there a schedule for implementation of serial/usb wideband input? I recently picked up a AEM 30-0300 - would like to use the serial/usb instead of the analog.

VCM Scanner 2.25 supports wideband inputs via both MPVI AD and PC serial port.

Tuner in Training
    I looked at the serial port. The options are for Innovate and PLX. I'm running a AEM set for Lambda output. Do I use an either of these or do you need to set one up for AEM?

Keith
    what is the difference between Innovate LM-1 and LM-2? will the LM-2 now correct work?

Quote Originally Posted by jcmg8 View Post
    I looked at the serial port. The options are for Innovate and PLX. I'm running a AEM set for Lambda output. Do I use an either of these or do you need to set one up for AEM?
    Does the AEM have a serial output?

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    Keith
    what is the difference between Innovate LM-1 and LM-2? will the LM-2 now correct work?
    If the transforms are the same, then it's just naming for convenience.

Tuner in Training
    Does the AEM have a serial output?
    Yes, here is a clip from the manual:

The serial datastream is suitable for output to third party devices such as data loggers, PCs, or reflashed ECUs. The X-Series UEGO serial datastream is designed to match AEM's legacy 30-4100/30-4110 UEGO Digital Gauge for backwards compatibility. The currently selected display mode (lambda or AFR) will dictate what is output via serial. The format is simply the value followed by a carriage return and line feed, e.g. "14.7\r\n"

baud rate 9600 bps
    data bits 8
    parity None
    stop bits 1

If the transforms are the same, then it's just naming for convenience.
    tried... but the function is the same AFR 14.7 = 500 beats. but in lower and also in higher regions it don't show the correct value. scanner shows 8.8 LM-2 Montor shows 11.7. lean side the same!
    know anyone a wideband what works with HP scanner? will order a new one the innovate is unusable. analog output noisly to much, serial shows on both sides the ideal value shit.