Thread: Police this tune, can you find things particulary screwy?

Senior Tuner

Police this tune, can you find things particulary screwy?

Inherited this car from another shop, and everything about it acts crazy. 6.2 ZL1 setup in speed density

Coefficients originally made up a VVE that was uncalculateable, but it did run with AF within a couple points of normal, but it couldnt even be used to chart a VVE in Bluecats tool. The coFs now are from a known working similair TVS setup, and if anything acts worse. Can move whole VVE table up or down and put the Coeffs in and still somehow acts worse with data that makes sense in it. (CHANGED)

850ID injectors but I dont have the inj data to check and see if all of that is in there right.

The base running airflow table has HUGE numbers in it (3.5 lb/min in idle areas when normally you see 1.1-1.7 lb/min type numbers)

The ETC scalar was wrong maxed out at 8192 set that to a more real 7200 for the Nick Williams 102mm (CHANGED)

Anything you guys might be able to spot in left field if you wouldnt mind taking the time to look at the file would be appreciated. I keep finding screwy stuff here and there with the car but you know how it is when you find 10 things wrong with something you might overlook that one last thing that keeps you guessing
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Tuner
    The whole tune is screwy. I see dozens of things wrong. What mods does the car have? I think you should start over with a stock tune. Who tuned this?
    Bryan

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZO6_Bryan View Post
    The whole tune is screwy. I see dozens of things wrong. What mods does the car have? I think you should start over with a stock tune. Who tuned this?
    Agreed. Pretty interesting. There's some stuff in the trans tune that I would be concerned about too.

Attached is a 2013 ZL1 A6 file with the only thing changed is the injector data for the ID850's.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2013 ZL1 A6

Advanced Tuner
    The ID data is on their website. Free to download

Quote Originally Posted by PST View Post
    ^^^^^^ Agree...both formats (EFI Live and HPTuners) and even has a section to do your scaling :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Actually after reviewing the tune (which is a mess), the only correct thing in it is the ID850 date .....Due to the PCM 127 lb/hr hardcode limit, the tuner has scaled the injector data by 85% (not exact, but close). Concurrently all the other grams, g/cyl and g/sec values need to be scaled accordingly. The rest of the injector parameters like Offset, SPA etc. are correct.

As a note, in this specific application and injector parameter format (Delta kPa), you only need to get to 500 kPa in the injector data when scaling so the attached file from SICK WS 6 can be used and you wouldn't have to worry about scaling anything else.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 11-16-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SICK WS 6 View Post
    Agreed. Pretty interesting. There's some stuff in the trans tune that I would be concerned about too.
    The thing was tuned by one of the "big name" shops in the DMV area, not surprising since I get alot of FUBAR stuff from them, and its had another hand in the cookie jar as well.

Got a good amount of issues with it straightened out, but there is always more. What were you referencing in the trans tune? Converter and trans was just installed by said "big name" shop and they royally F'ed a few things up mechanically in doing so,
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

which website?

can you give me the link please?